Daddy's Little Girl...18

Chapter 18

Robyn's POV

The shower was perfect, not too hot, not too cold and I just stood there, letting the water rush over me for as long as I could. In the end, I got out, wrapped a towel around me and walked across the hallway into Myles' room where he told me he would leave some clothes for me. I closed the door behind me and took a look around at Myles' room. It was rather plain, but effective it in its own way, it looked as though a teenage boy lived in it, but I couldn't tell why. It smelt nice too, like...men's body spray I guess. The quilt on the bed was all different blues in square blocks, the windows had simple, blue, wooden blinds over them and the carpet was blue too making the room seem very cool, but cosy at the same time. On the bed were an oversized t-shirt and a pair of worn old jogging bottoms. They were a bit big on me, but anything was better than what I had been wearing before. Then I realised...there wasn't a jumper. There wasn't anything to cover the countless bruises on my arms. The only reason he hadn't seen any earlier when he was looking at my scar was because, fortunately, there weren't any bruises there at that time.

Nervously, I walked to the mirror to see how bad I looked, not really wanting to know, but needing to see it for myself before Myles completely freaked out at the extent of my father's drunken rampages. The Image before me was of a broken girl wearing oversized clothes and a pained expression. There was no light in her deep brown eyes, her long damp hair hung in tangled threads and her mouth looked like it would never smile again. Why did I even bother? Every time I looked in the mirror, it made me want to cry at the person my dad had made me, I thought dads were meant to be caring, to help you, to be supportive? Before I knew it, I had tears pooled in my eyes, but I refused to cry. I hated feeling weak, I wouldn't let him get to me, he was a bully and I couldn't let him win.

I heard footsteps coming up the hallway then a soft knock on the door,

"Robyn? Are you okay? You've been a while" came Myles' voice from the other side.

"I'll be down in a minute, nearly done" I replied, then waited until I heard his footsteps going back down the hall before I walked to the door, wiping my eyes, taking a deep breath and opening it.

I didn't look up when I walked into the room I didn't want to see his reaction, but couldn't help hearing a small gasp as I turned off the stairs. I had planned to go and sit on the armchair where I had sat before, but before I could get there Myles stepped in front of me and I had to stop.

"Did your dad do this to you?" he asked incredulously and suddenly I was scared; what if he told someone...What if he told the police? I'd be dead!

"Hey, what's wrong? I'm not going to hurt you"

"What? I mean, I know, but...please don't tell anyone! I can't..I couldn't-" I looked up into Myles' eyes, panic-stricken at the thought of someone else knowing, of something happening to them, of what would happen to me if my dad found out that someone else knew. Myles pulled me into a comforting hug, being careful with my bruised arms and back, something I wasn't used to,

"Don't worry, I won't. But if anything really bad happens, I will, because nobody should go round hurting bunnies"

Wait, hang on...

"Am I really that easy to read?" I asked confused

"What? Huh?" he seemed just as confused as me

"What made you think I was worried about something?"

"Oh, not worried, scared. You were absolutely terrified for a second then" Now I was super-confused. He could obviously tell by the look on my face

"Well, it's a long story, come sit with me" he smiled, then walked over to the sofa and sat down, patting the space next to him.

...

"So you can sense what everyone is feeling?" I asked, sitting on the sofa after Myles had explained it as best as he could.

"Yeah, pretty much. It's not like some super-power, more like...You know when someone cries and it makes you want to cry too?" he asked, frowning in concentration.

"Ummm, yeah, I think so" I replied

"Well, it's a bit like that, but I can feel every emotion, just as strong as they can if I'm close enough."

"So earlier, when you said my emotions were strong to you...?" A mask of agitated confusion instantly covered his features and his eyes turned soft as he looked at me,

"Yes. But I don't know why. You're very confusing, different from most people." He said, looking at me as if trying to figure me out.

"Different in what way?"

"Well, most people only tend to feel one or two strong emotions at any one time, but you. You have absolutely tonnes going on, all at the same time as a constant underlying layer of jumbled up emotions that weave in and out of each other depending on which one you feel strongest. Then there is always a strong emotion that you seem to force over the top of the others to make you look normal around other people." Wow, I sounded complicated.

"Okay, so what can you feel coming from me now?" I asked. He looked at me, concentrating before speaking:

"Fear, hurt, embarrassment, guilt, disgust, hatred, anger, they're always there as far as I can tell. Then there's a little bit of relief, some more fear and at the moment, you're confused and a little shocked." He gave me a cheeky grin when he finished. He was right, I was confused and without a doubt shocked at this strange ability.

"How can I feel so many emotions all at the same time without knowing?" I asked, tucking my knees into my chest and wrapping my arms around them.

"Well maybe there's a reason as to why you're feeling each of these emotions. Like why would you be feeling guilty right now?" he offered.

"I'd be feeling guilty because all my friends think that all the rumours and tales are just that: rumours and tales. I can't tell them the truth." I said, suddenly feeling very guilty at telling all of this to a boy I hadn't known at the beginning of the week, but not my best friends.

"Don't worry about it, what they don't know can't hurt them, right?" Myles tried to reassure me

"I guess so" but I was still unsure

"Okay, and why would you be embarrassed?" he asked.

"Well, my spare time isn't exactly filled with something to boast about is it?" I grumped, looking away from him and resting the side of my head on my knees.

"Okay, okay, calm down" he said softly, reaching round me to rub my back, I can pretty much see why you feel all the others, but fear? Why are you scared?" he asked. That was the one I was dreading. I was scared of so many things and I was fed up of breaking down and crying, but I ha dto do this. Myles was trying to help me, to be a friend...right?

I went home that night feeling like someone actually cared about me. The beating I got for returning without any money didn't bother me as much as it should've done because I knew, that somewhere, there was someone who cared.

............................................................................................................................................................

Sorry about the wait guys! busy with back to school and stuffs :) Thanks for reading, please comment, vote, etc, etc!

A few questions, I don't normally do this, but I'm on a high, so why not!?

What do you think of Myles?

What do you think of Robyn?

What do you think of Robyn's 'dad'?

What do you think is going to happen at the end?

What do you think of Ben and Jerry's cookie dough ice-cream? :P