Daddy's Little Girl...1

I awoke, aching all over. I looked in the mirror at my sorry face. Why me? I had done this every morning since I was 13. 4 years ago. Why me?

My mum had died when I was 8 from cancer. She was always very fragile, we knew she didn't have much hope. My parents were divorced by then, but I still ended up living up with my sad excuse for a dad. Some dad he is, pah! He never really paid much attention to me to start off with, but as soon as he thought I was old enough-I was 12 to be exact-he dressed me up in slutty clothes and dumped me on street corners, telling me not to come home unless I had some money with me. The clothing attracted men and I suddenly understood what I was going to have to do to get the money. And now that is my sad, ruined life. It didn't take long for the whole school to find out about it, I am now known as Robyn Hook-er (a very bad joke in there if you have a sad enough mind to get it). I thought about my life before mum died again as I covered scrapes, bruises and love bites with foundation and concealer, hoping with all my might that it wouldn't rain today. I put on my jeans and long-sleeved top carefully, not touching the bruises that almost completely covered my arms and upper legs, very thankful that I was able to drop p.e and games now. I ran downstairs, grabbed my bag and rushed out the front door before my dad could wake up and unleash his drunken self over me again. I shuddered at the thought.

It was quite a long walk to school from my house, but I didn't mind, I liked it. I felt free when I was walking down the quiet streets, away from the worry of my dad turning on me. Even the busy main roads didn't break that feeling of freedom.

Then as usual, my pace slowed as I neared the school gates. I felt the rush of freedom leak out, to be replaced by the all-too-familiar butterfly feeling in my stomach. By now, I was walking so slowly, a snail could have easily beat me in a race. I knew what was coming, what would happen the minute I walked through the gates. I took a deep breath and turned in...