Daddy's Little Girl...8

Chapter 8-Let it all out

I thought he had looked like an angel before, but that was nothing compared to now. Surrounded by natural light, as if glowing, was Myles' perfect face. I was relieved that my intruder was Myles, instead of some crazy person who I would have to argue with for some reason or another. I slid down the wall and sat with my knees tucked into my chest, staring at him wide-eyed.

"Robyn, are you okay?" He asked softly, cautiously walking into the shed, "I didn't mean to scare you. Oh please don't cry Robyn!" he looked concerned.

"I'm not cry-" I broke off as I felt a tear run down my cheek when I blinked. I guess I must have forgotten to blink when I was staring at Myles. "Oh, maybe I am" I chuckled softly, smiling up at him. He frowned a little and then smiled back. Wow. His whole face lit up, his eyes really sparkled, my breath caught in my throat and my eyes widened. I never wanted this moment to end, never wanted to go back to my God-damned father and his abusive friends, never wanted to spend another evening on a street corner, getting beat up by maniacs, never wanted to go another minute in my life, without knowing that he was there, I wanted him to be in my life, always.

"Robyn, are you okay?" he asked again, holding out his hand to help me up, but instead, I took his hand and pulled him down opposite me. I sighed,

"Yes...?, No...?" I groaned a little, "oh I don't know" I said agitatedly. Oops. Great, now I need to find an excuse. Why had I even said that to him? Why was he even in my secret hide-out that nobody else knew about?

"What's wrong bunny?" he asked, smiling as he used my invalid nick-name for the first time. I smiled back, then froze. He just called me bunny. No-one calls me bunny anymore. Did this mean he didn't hate me? I looked up at him, my eyes wide with disbelief. He completely misinterpreted my expression.

"Sorry, was it something I said?" he asked the words coming out quickly, obviously worried that he'd offended me in some way.

"No! No, not at all! I just can't believe you don't hate me!" I spoke quietly in disbelief.

"Hate you? Why would I hate you?"

"Haven't you heard the rumours and tales?

"Yes, but that's all they are, they're not the real you, none of them-" he cut short mid-sentence when I practically threw myself on him, locking my arms around him in a crushing hug that made him gasp in surprise.

"Robyn" he half-croaked, half gasped, "I can't breathe!" I smile and laughed as I loosened my hold on him, but I didn't let go completely, I didn't want to, ever.

"Sorry" I murmured.

"That's okay." he shifted about a little in the grasp of my hug and then gently wrapped his arms around my waist. I stayed very still, out of habit and tried not to panic. Noticing, he pulled back a little to look me in the eyes, he was about to say something when hundreds of horrible memories crashed down on me. I gasped with the suddenness, I didn't want to see them, I wanted them to go away, but they kept coming. I closed my eyes tightly and shook my head, trying to make them stop as I started crying...again. How many times was I going to end up crying today? I was sure this wouldn't be the last.

"Hey, hey, it's okay" he said soothingly as I exploded into sobs. He folded me into his chest and rubbed my back and I let myself relax as he tried to calm me down without much success.

"Why did she leave me?" I asked shakily, through sobs, "Why did she have to leave me!?"

.........................................................................................................................................................................................................

chapter 8, sorry i made you wait so long before, is this a good enough repayment? I hope you enjoyed it :)

please comment and vote etc, etc