Chapter 36- THE OUTSIDE

Dawn's POV

School was finally over and I immediately got home.

Mum was out with her new boyfriend and I don't wanna know what they're doing right now cause I just wanna take a relaxing shower while listening to the mix he made me.

I played it as I immediately hopped in the shower.

Everybody's waiting.

Everybody's watching.

Even when you're sleeping, sleeping.

Keep your e-eyes open.

The music plays as I enjoyed it while dancing in the shower.

"KEEP YOUR E-EYES OPEN!" I shouted in the shower. I hope my neighbor doesn't hear it though...

I got out of the shower with myself wrapped in a towel. I lied on the bed and looked up as the ceiling and reached for my phone.

I wonder what's Jamie doing now...

Damn it! He's still mad... I can't text him.

I paused the music for a while and scrolled through my contacts. I was about to call Veronica, one of my friends and yes she's also a cheerleader when suddenly I heard the doorbell rang.

I quickly stood up and I was about to reach for the front door when I realized I'm half naked.

Damn it.

"Who's there?" I asked from inside.

"It's me, Sean." a voice called from outside.

"Sean? What are you doing at my house?!" I asked while looking around, seeing if there's anything I could grab to wear.

"You left your math homework in my schoolbag. I'm here to return it."

"Um... you can give it to me tomorrow at school."

"But I thought it's due by tomorrow." he said from outside.

I immediately grabbed my sweater on the couch and ran it through my head, pulled it lower so it covers up my thighs and opened the door.

Sean looked at me from up to down as I tried hiding my embarrassment.

He blinked a little and immediately handed me my homework.

I took it and looked at him, curious that why isn't he leaving.

"Uh... anything else?" I asked.

"N-no. Bye." he smiled and started walking backwards when suddenly he tripped and fell.

Oh my god.

I can't help it but laughed a little.

He immediately got back up and said, "I didn't see that step..." he ran his fingers through his hair and immediately ran away.

I closed the door behind me and leaned my back on it.

What just happened?

I laughed out loud and I went back upstairs, continued playing the mix.

Coz I knew you were trouble when you walked in!

The music played as I start pretending to play the guitar and start flipping my hair.

"Oh! Oh! TROUBLE, TROUBLE, TROUBLE!" I sang.

*****

I woke up in the morning and immediately got ready for school.

I got downstairs and saw Mere posing on the couch while watching an episode of Grey's Anatomy.

How cute is that?

Mum was preparing breakfast and she seemed so dull. I walked towards her and teased, "How's your new boyfriend, mum?"

"Eh... didn't work out." Mum confessed.

"But it's only your second date with him!" I shouted.

"He's not my type." my shook his head while heading me a plate with pancakes.

I took it and immediately swallowed everything... yes, swallowed.

I immediately grabbed my bag and ran out of house while saying 'bye' to mum.

I was walking towards school and when I was about to take a turn I saw Jamie.

"Jamie!" I called.

He ignored me and start walking the other way.

"Jamie, don't you dare ignore your straight best friend!" I shouted as I start chasing after him.

"Oh yes I will ignore my straight best friend that doesn't appreciate having a gay best friend!" he shouted from in front.

"But you just replied your straight best friend!" I start running faster as I panted.

"Actually... EX-straight best friend!" he shouted.

We arrived at school soon after and I started running after him.

Damn it are all gays fast runners?!

I tried squeezing through the crowd as I lost sight of Jamie.

Damn it!

I finally squeezed out of the crowd but bumped into a guy making us both fell.

I tried getting off the guy but my hair was tangled on the button of his shirt. I tried pulling my hair away from his shirt but ended up screaming in pain.

"Stay still, I'll help." he replied.

I looked up at him and honestly... he's kinda hot but why haven't I ever noticed him before?

He untangled us both and we immediately stood up. I fixed my hair and looked up at him.

We both laughed a little and I started, "I'm Dawn."

"Derek Blaze."

Blaze?

"Are you Sean Blaze's brother?" I asked.

"Actually... step-brother." he smiled.

"Ooh." I nodded.

Hmm... dreamy eyes, blonde hair, beautiful eyes and looks kinda hot.

Suddenly the bell rang making me not notice that it's time to go to class! And... I haven't checked my locker! Damn it!

"Bye, gotta go!" I waved and immediately ran to my locker. I opened it and found a box and a letter.

I immediately opened it and read it in fast mode.

Open up the box.

I immediately opened it up and found a pair of earings. I immediate wore it and looked into the small mirror in the box.

I look... good. Can't believe it!

OMG. Class!

I immediately ran towards the chemistry lab and saw Sean taking out a beaker.

I walked towards him while panting and said, "Sorry, I'm late."

"Why the rush?" he asked.

I shook my head and then started continuing the work.

*****

Lunch time... I decided to sit with the cheerleaders since I have no one to sit with...