Chapter 56- Locked

Chapter 56- Locked

Rachel's POV

I rested myself on one of the benches next to Jackson and said, "You think we're gonna get saved?"

"I don't know, man." I heard him saying as he, too, laid down.

"I hope someone comes looking for us... it's surely not my parents though."

"Why?"

"They went to California... business." I exclaimed looking up at him.

"My parents don't really care about my life." I heard him say.

I sat up straight and said, "Of Course they do! They're your parents! I mean... they're the only ones who can get us out of here by tonight so..."

"I was adopted." he suddenly said.

I stopped.

Damn it.

I sat straight and looked back at him, "I'm sorry... I didn't know..."

"It's okay. Don't really care anyway. Besides, they never really notice if i go back at 3 am." he smiled, "let's just hope the janitor gets here before anyone else does tomorrow morning then."

I laughed and nodded.

*****

"Urgh..." I groaned as I opened my eyes.

What time is it? I looked up at the clock, struggling to get the numbers right but eventually did with the help of the light given from the small window.

2 am. Oh gosh, I'm starving. I looked towards the opposite bench where Jackson laid and crawled towards him.

He was asleep with his head rested on his arm and his hair falling on his eyes.

I poked him with my finger to see if he'd move.

"Hey!" I whisper-yelled, "Jackson!"

He shook his head a little and groaned, "Urgh! 5 more minutes, mum!"

I laughed at his stupidity and said, "It's me, Rachel."

Suddenly he just bounced up and sat straight and looked me in the eye.

"I-I'm sorry, I forgot that we were..."

"Stuck in a boys locker room? Well yeah." I cut him off and we both laughed.

"What time is it anyway?" he questioned.

"2 am... and I'm hungry." I complained.

He walked towards his bag pack and got out a bar of half-bitten snickers.

"I've got this...?" it sounded more like a question.

I snatched it and looked at it for a moment or two.

"When did you ate this?" I asked as I took a bite on it.

"When you were asleep."

I shot a dead glare at him because I mean, he had food and he didn't wanna wake me up?!

"What?! You were asleep and I didn't wanna wake you up." he explained and sat back down on the bench.

I finished it and sat beside him.

"I can't wait to get out of here!" he complained.

Ouch. I looked down because it kinda saddened me a little.

"Is staying here with me that bad?" I whispered, didn't really wanna look him in the eye either.

He then rested his hand on my shoulder, "No! I didn't mean it that way!"