Chapter 17- I'm not okay

Chapter  17- I'm not okay

I walked across the empty halls when I heard footsteps other than mine… I quickly turned around and saw Jack. We stared at each other for a while. Then I started turning around and walking away but he was following me. I stopped and turned around and he was like five inches away from me.

I swear I’m not gonna talk to him so I continued walking but faster and suddenly he said, “Stop.” His voice echoed through the empty hallway.

I stopped but didn’t turn around.

“I’m sorry about just now.” He said suddenly.

I ignored him and continued walking.

Suddenly he grabbed my arm from behind and when I turned around and he kissed me. I tried pushing away but he was too strong. He grabbed hold of me, not letting me go. I couldn’t do anything so I stopped struggling until he has slowly loosen his grip and I immediately pushed him away and gave him a slap on the face, my hair fell in front of my face but I can still see him clearly. I turned around and started running away.  I ran outside of school...  I can't believe right now I'm ditching school because of him! Oh well!  I should've slapped him more than once! Damn it!

I stopped for a while to catch my breath when I realized Jack was actually following me all this time!

"Amanda! We need to talk! Answer me!" he shouted.

"There's nothing left to say!" I spoke at last.

"I apologized about just now!"

"Okay! I don't care at all! You go ahead and live your life of fame and shit now let me live my life... " before I finish, he cut in, "Your life with Taylor Lautner?! Which is so freaking perfect and you guys meet every night in your room?!"

I looked at him confusingly. What's up with him?!

"L-Lautner left." I started.

Suddenly he gave me a surprised look and said, "Left?"

"Yes. And I don't feel like he's ever coming back here now because he told me it might be long and it has been five months since we last saw each other. He has never called after the day we went back from the movies." I exclaimed.

"He left for five months?! He's a fucking asshole!" he scolded.

"He's not an asshole!" I shouted back.

"He is. He freaking left you behind with only a few words and he doesn't have any fucking idea how much you suffered in school!"

"What about you then?!" I shouted, "Those times when I needed help! When someone pushed me onto the floor! When I failed Chemistry! Where were you?! You were in some corner of the class laughing and talking with your friends. The time when I was really confused about what I did making you ignore me... hate me. What did I ever do to deserve being hurt by you?!"

"I was jealous okay?! I was fucking jealous of you and Lautner. So I went with Aimee to make you jealous and you didn't even care...  not one bit, I was... " before he finished I cut him off, "I care."

Suddenly he walked towards me... really really close to me and put his palm against my cheek and kissed me.

"I'm sorry,  I don't know." he whispered after we kissed.

"I'm sorry too... I'm sorry, Jack."

"Will you go to the prom with me?" he said suddenly.

"Right now you're still thinking about prom?" I asked, smiling.

All he did was smile.

"Yes...  I would love to go to the prom with you." I replied.

"Yes!" he shouted like a little kid.