The Them

"I'm telling you, they've got to be married. They bicker like my mum and dad do," Pepper spoke matter of factly as he she kicked a rock down the path.

"They're not. They haven't got rings on," Wensleydale insisted, he was dragging his walking stick in the dirt behind them.

"We could ask," Brian piped in with a shrug as he followed his friends.

Adam, who was leading the way down the path, shook his head, "That's rude."

"Do you think Anathema knows?" Pepper asked.

"Could we have her ask? She's an adult, that's not rude, is it?" Wensleydale looked around at the three friends who all shrugged. Adult rules were weird and hard to keep up with.

"They're coming for tea today, we could see how they act together. My mum says that body language is the best way to judge a person," Brian suggested.

"My mum says you shouldn't judge people," Pepper crossed her arms in a disapproving manner.

"It's not meant to be mean," Brian shook his head defensively.

"Look, they're already here so we can't ask Anathema now," Adam pointed to where the black Bentley was parked in front of Anathema's house.

"Guess we'll have to see how they act," Wensleydale leaned his stick along the fence.

"Whoever guesses right should get the swings first," Pepper spoke up as if she was sure she'd get the honor. "I think they are."

"I don't think so," Wensleydale shook his head.

"I'm with him," Brian agreed.

"I think Pepper's right," Adam unlatched the gate, allowing dog to run in ahead of him.

Upon entering the house, Aziraphale who already had a tea cup in hand, lit up. "Adam, hello."

"Oh you brought the whole gang then," Crowley peered over his glasses to see the four kids. Crowley would never admit to liking children, it wasn't very demonic of him, but he rather enjoyed the Them very much. Funny lot he'd thought.

"Do you need those to see with?" Brian asked, pointing at his glasses.

"Stop it, you're so rude," Pepper scolded her friend.

"It's alright. I don't need them. My eyes just make people uncomfortable," Crowley dismissed the comment as just an innocent question.

"I think they're cool," Wensleydale grinned widely.

"Do they hurt?" Adam chimed in next. "Wearing them all the time?"

"Not really. You get used to it. You kids want to try them on?" Crowley took the glasses off and handed them to Adam.

Each kid took turns wearing the glasses. While Crowley smiled at them.

"Oh, Crowley, that was very-"

"Don't say it angel," Crowley cut in earning a soft smile from the principality.

"Cupcake anyone?" Anathema asked walking in with a floral plate piled with different flavored cupcakes.

Crowley watched with admiring eyes as Aziraphale lit up before taking a bite out of a pink frosted cake.

"Angel," Crowley chuckled before leaning in, he wiped a spot of frosting from the angel's bottom lip before cleaning it off his finger with his tongue.

"Oh, goodness," Aziraphale's cheeks blushed to match the frosting as he dabbed at his mouth with his napkin.

Pepper exchanged a smirk with Adam.

Through the rest of tea-time, the Them watched and observed the way Crowley and Aziraphale interacted.

They saw the way Crowley watched Aziraphale eat his fill. They watched the way Aziraphale blushed at Crowley's comments or touches. They heard the way Aziraphale raved about Crowley's plant collection.

By the end It was decided that Pepper and Adam had won.

"I told you they were married," Pepper gloated, her head held high.

"Why don't they wear rings then?" Brian frowned.

"Maybe it's a secret. They're an angel and a demon. Maybe it's not allowed?" Adam shrugged.

The other three nodded in agreement, deciding that had to be the reason.

They weren't wrong. It was a secret. So much so that even Crowley and Aziraphale didn't know.

(Request for Mythical_Lei, hope it's okay)