Grand day

Aziraphale loved books. It had easily become one of his favorite things, alongside food of course. So when he opened a bookshop it was a grand day for him.

Crowley, knowing of this grand day, stopped by the evening of the opening of said bookshop. He'd stopped by earlier, but Gabriel had popped in and he'd had to enact a plan to keep his angel on earth as he'd overheard the angels were wanting to promote Aziraphale.

"Angel?" Crowley called into the small shop. It was already piled high with shelves of some of the rarest books. Antiquarian and unusual books, as the sign out front said.

"Crowley? What are you doing here?" Aziraphale popped his head around the corner of a bookshelf.

Crowley held up a neatly wrapped package.

"Oh, yes, you stopped by earlier. What's in the box?" Aziraphale asked, taking the tiny spectacles off his nose.

"Chocolates, I know how you like the semisweet truffles from Anne's Cakery," Crowley held out the box.

"Oh, Crowley, that's very...wily of you. Tempting me with my favorite chocolates," Aziraphale smirked, his cheeks blushing.

"Yes well, you know me," Crowley waved a hand at Aziraphale's attempts at avoiding calling him nice.

"Would you care for a cup of cocoa? I just put the kettle on," Aziraphale offered. "We could celebrate."

Crowley would normally turn down the cocoa offer but the delighted look on Aziraphale's face made him agree. He did have something to celebrate himself. He almost lost Aziraphale today.

"What did Gabriel want anyway?" Crowley asked then, feigning ignorance as Aziraphale made their drinks.

"They gave me a medal. They said I was being promoted. They wanted me to go back to the head office," Aziraphale's huffed as if it was the most appalling news he'd ever heard.

Crowley raised his brows but said nothing.

"But then they changed their mind. Said I had to stay on mission here. I have no idea what got into them."

"Strange. But I for one, am glad. I could only imagine who'd they'd have replaced you with," Crowley took a sip of the cocoa.

Aziraphale gave a flick of his wrist and the fireplace lit with roaring flames.

"I know how you get cold. Shall I open the box?" Aziraphale asked then, picking up the gift from Crowley.

"I didn't get them for you to stare at," Crowley sneered. He hated how considerate the angel was of him. He tried to play it off like it didn't make him want to turn into a giant puddle of goo.

"Ooh, raspberry crème filling, my favorite," Aziraphale hummed at the truffles upon opening the package.

"So you're staying then? Not leaving?" Crowley wanted to be sure there was no more threat of him leaving. He didn't know if he could handle it.

"Not leaving," Aziraphale smiled with a nod as he handed Crowley a truffle.

Crowley took it, popping the treat into his mouth as he watched the angel's delighted face. He would literally do anything for his angel.

"Michael," Aziraphale said then, looking up at the demon.

"What?"

"Michael was the angel that was going to replace me."

Crowley had known that, but he screwed his face up in disgust, "I'm glad they changed their minds. Michael is a wanker."

Aziraphale tried to hold back a grin but failed.

"How's the chocolate?" Crowley asked around a sip of his hot cocoa. As far as drinks went he'd have preferred something more alcoholic, but it made his angel happy so he drank it anyway.

"Oh they're delightful. Thank you," Aziraphale's smile turned fond as his eyes met Crowley's.

Crowley loved making Aziraphale smile. He'd continue to do it so long as the angel was in his life, which he hoped would be for eternity. It'd take that long for him to tire of that smile.

(Request for LollyFranken101, hope it's okay)