My worst nightmare

White feathers dusted the floor as Crowley made his way into the bookshop. White feathers soon turned to blood stained feathers. He continued to follow the trail until he reached the couch where Aziraphale was curled into himself. His knees pulled to his chest.

"Angel?" Crowley dropped onto the couch next to him.

"Leave me alone," Aziraphale cried, not looking up from where his face was buried in his hands.

"Please, tell me what happened? Did Gabriel do this?" Just the thought made Crowley murderous.

"No."

"Dagon?" Crowley's stomach dropped at the prospect that his side had done this.

"You did," Aziraphale finally lifted his head to show his eyes were no longer their soft blue green color. Instead they were red.

"I fell," Aziraphale spoke in a broken voice. His tone full of betrayal and pain.

"No, no, no, this was never supposed to happen," Crowley reached for Aziraphale, but he flinched back.

Crowley bolted up in bed, his eyes wide with terror. His wings had manifested as a result of his nightmare.

"Crowley?"

The demon looked over to see the angel staring at him with a worried expression. His eyes were their blue green color much to his relief.

"I'm fine," he dismissed with a pant.

"Another nightmare?" Aziraphale ran gentle fingers along the demon's onyx feathers. Something he often did, to calm him.

Crowley only nodded. It was a common occurrence, almost nightly, for weeks now.

"What was it about?" Aziraphale asked though he knew Crowley wouldn't say. He never did.

Instead the demon tucked his wings away and laid back down, turning to face away from the angel just like always.

Aziraphale scooted in close, pulling the demon in tight. Crowley tried to relax into the arms of the one he loved, but guilt and worry kept him tense.

Aziraphale stroked the demon's arm gently as he drifted back to sleep.

-

The next day Crowley was tense. The nightmares were getting worse and he was growing more tired, not from lack of sleep, cause he didn't technically need it, but from the stress of worrying about his angel falling.

He and Aziraphale had been together for almost two months now and yet Crowley was so timid, he barely let the angel touch him. Simple hand holding and cheek kisses were one thing but if Aziraphale so much as slid a hand down Crowley's thigh or pressed kisses to the demon's neck, Crowley pulled away tensing immediately.

Aziraphale had chalked it up to not being allowed the privilege of touching the angel or being touched by the angel, so he was patient.

Aziraphale noted the way Crowley seemed distant and he assumed it had to do with the nightmare from the night before. Though Crowley never talked about it, he had guessed it was him reliving his fall. Little did he know.

Aziraphale slid an arm around Crowley's waist from behind and pressed a kiss to the demon's shoulder.

Crowley stiffened.

"Are you alright, my love?" Aziraphale asked, hoping Crowley might finally talk about his nightmares.

Crowley closed his eyes at the term of endearment. It was so sweet and yet it made the demon grimace. He feared what Aziraphale calling him that might cause.