I love you

Romantic gestures were different for everyone. Some people liked candle lit dinners, some liked beach walks at night and some liked a movie on the couch with a pizza. Crowley wasn't good with romantic gestures. His idea of a romantic evening was listening to his angel talk with a glass of something alcoholic in his hand. Aziraphale's idea of romance was a really good book. Or literally anything at all, if Crowley was behind it, though the demon assumed the angel was just being nice which made this particular day terribly nerve wracking for Crowley.

"You ready angel?" Crowley called up the stairs.

"Yes, dear, coming."

Crowley had planned a date for him and Aziraphale and was nervous about the angel's reaction.

Aziraphale reached the bottom of the stairs and pressed a kiss to his cheek, "Don't fret, darling, I know I'll love it."

Crowley sighed. Of course Aziraphale knew he was nervous. He was always nervous when he planned a special date, however nothing topped his nerves for this one.

In the car he drove slower than he normally would, taking the time to remind himself that Aziraphale loved him for who he was, and he had no reason to be nervous. It didn't work.

"Dear, are you alright?" Aziraphale asked putting a hand on the demon's leg gently.

"I just want you to like it," Crowley gripped the steering wheel harder as he took the last turn to their destination.

"I know I will," Aziraphale assured him with a pat.

Crowley parked the car and took a breath. He'd set it up earlier, so he knew it was perfect, he just hoped Aziraphale thought so.

"Where are we?" the angel asked as he climbed out. They had parked at the edge of the woods.

"It's not far, angel," Crowley slipped his hand in Aziraphale's, leading him through a narrow path.

"Oh, Crowley, it's so nice," Aziraphale cooed as he saw the rolling hills of the large valley through the woods. They reached the edge and that's when Aziraphale saw a blanket set up with a picnic basket. Spread across the large tartan blanket was the biggest spread of food. There were, fruits, cheeses, crackers, deli meats, cakes and chocolates. There was even a bottle of expensive champagne.

"Hope you're hungry, angel," Crowley glanced at Aziraphale to see the way his eyes widened excitedly at the food.

"Oh, dear, this is wonderful," Aziraphale released Crowley's hand and sat on the blanket carefully. "You've really outdone yourself this time."

Crowley relaxed a bit but not enough to get rid of his nerves.

"Go on then," Crowley gestured to the spread of food.

Aziraphale grinned widely before making himself a plate.

Crowley poured two glasses of champagne and watched his angel try a little bit of everything.

"This was all scrumptious," Aziraphale sighed in contentment as he set his empty plate down.

"I'm glad you liked it," Crowley smiled fondly.

"Is something the matter?" Aziraphale asked with a slight frown. Crowley had been acting strange all day and it wasn't getting any better. It was beginning to worry the angel.

"I love you, you know that right, Aziraphale?"

The principality rose a curious brow. Crowley rarely called him by his name.

"Of course, dear, and I love you," Aziraphale nodded.

"We've been through a lot you and I. Together since the beginning really."

Aziraphale waited patiently for Crowley to make his point.

"Look, what I'm trying to say is, I love you, and you know that, but I want you to be reminded of it every day. Even when I'm not with you. So I've set this up and well I'm no good at this kind of thing, but here we are and now I don't even know what to say so I'm just gonna do it," Crowley rambled before pulling a small box from the picnic basket.

"Will you Marry me, angel?" Crowley opened the box to reveal a ring. It was two wings one made of white diamonds and one made of black diamonds.

Aziraphale let out a gasp, "Oh Crowley...of course," He cupped the demon's face and pressed a soft kiss to his lips.

Crowley practically deflated.

"It's beautiful," Aziraphale gushed down at the box.

"The white diamond wing represents you and the black diamond wing represents me. That way whenever you look down, you'll know that I love you."

Aziraphale surged forward again, for another kiss.

"You like it then, yeah?" Crowley asked hopefully.

"I don't like it, dear, I love it."

Crowley smiled fondly at his angel.

"You wily little serpent, you've been planning this," Aziraphale realized then why the demon was always 'running errands'. The angel had never thought to question what it was he was doing.

"It had to be perfect," Crowley slipped the ring on Aziraphale's finger.

"Oh, darling, it is."

Crowley for the first time that day, wasn't nervous anymore. He poured up another glass of champagne for each of them.

"To us?"

Aziraphale blushed before clinking his glass with Crowley's.

"To us."

(Request for KISSFAN101, hope it's okay)

*AN*
Ring at top is the one Crowley gives Aziraphale.