Coffee Cup Cafe(part 2)

Regret wasn't something Crowley was accustomed to feeling; however, he was definitely feeling it now. Aziraphale had hired someone, a very experienced barista, he insisted. However, Aziraphale had failed to mention the experienced barista was also a very attractive individual and had a penchant for flirting.

Crowley had stopped by to take Aziraphale out for lunch when he met the new barista for the first time.

Marcus, he said his name was.

"You have great taste. I bet you know all the best restaurants to go to," Marcus grinned at Aziraphale.

"Oh I do. There's a darling little Italian restaurant two blocks over, I highly recommend," Aziraphale nodded eagerly. Before Marcus could respond a customer walked up to the bar, taking Aziraphale's attention away.

Crowley watched with suspicious eyes as Marcus watched Aziraphale's every move. He was sure it was just innocent. He needed to learn the ropes of the business, but that didn't mean Crowley wouldn't keep his eyes on him.

"Ready, angel?" Crowley asked as Aziraphale finished up.

"Yes, are you sure you can handle things while I'm gone?" the angel asked, turning to Marcus.

"No problem," Marcus gave a wink.

"Very good, shall we?" Aziraphale seemed unfazed by the flirty gesture.

Crowley shot Marcus a glare, but the man didn't seem to notice.

-

Crowley decided to walk Aziraphale back inside upon returning to the coffee shop. He wanted to make sure that Marcus knew Aziraphale was his angel. Crowley wasn't being possessive so much as he was asserting his dominance over the other man.

"I'll see you at the bookshop after closing?" Aziraphale asked turning to Crowley.

"Of course, I'll grab a bottle of wine on my way," Crowley smiled, brushing a thumb along Aziraphale's jaw. He was about to lean in for a kiss to prove Aziraphale was his, but Marcus walked into the back room, missing the show.

"Goodbye, dear," Aziraphale said, before stepping behind the bar.

Marcus walked back in with a cupcake in hand. "I had the cupcake lady deliver a few of these while you were gone, I saved you a strawberry one, you mentioned they were your favorite."

"Oh the cupcake lady has the best cupcakes in town, thank you," Aziraphale lit up at the sight of the tiny cake.

Crowley felt a furling in the pit of his stomach. He did not like this Marcus character one bit. This was backfiring big time. Aziraphale was going to fall for this new barista and not give a second thought to Crowley. He would have to find a way to win his angel back.

-

Crowley bought a bottle of Aziraphale's favorite wine and a box of his favorite chocolate before heading towards the coffeeshop. He knew he was supposed to meet him at the bookshop after close, but he needed Marcus to know that Aziraphale was his.

"Angel, you here?" Crowley called to the empty shop.

"Back here," Aziraphale called, before peering around the corner. "Just cleaning up. What are you doing here? We aren't meant to meet for another thirty minutes and we were supposed to meet next door." He frowned at the demon.

"Oh was it? I must have miss heard," Crowley gave an innocent shrug.

"What's that?" Aziraphale frowned at the items in Crowley's hands.

"Your favorite wine and I just happened to grab a box of your favorite chocolates," Crowley held them up with a large grin.

Aziraphale gave a blushing smile.

"Az, should I put out more cups?" Marcus asked, coming around the corner then.

"Yes, please, that would be very helpful," Aziraphale nodded.

"Az?" Crowley sneered at the nickname. He didn't like that one bit.

"All my favorite people get nicknames," Marcus nodded, giving Aziraphale a wink.

Aziraphale gave another blushing smile, only this time it was directed at Marcus.

Crowley was seething.

"Angel, how much longer until you'll be done?" Crowley asked trying to suppress a growl.

"Just a few minutes."

"If you need to go, I can finish up here," Marcus offered kindly. "I'm sure your friend would rather not wait."

Crowley bristled at the term friend. "Boyfriend, actually," he corrected.

"Oh," Marcus rose a brow in surprise, as he glanced between the two. "I didn't realize."

"Clearly," Crowley snapped.

"Dear, no need to be rude," Aziraphale scolded gently.

"You just seem so sweet and you..." Marcus trailed off turning his attention back to Crowley.

"Evil?" Crowley offered when Marcus didn't continue.

"Harsh is the word I was thinking," Marcus corrected.

"Well you're not wrong," Crowley sneered. He just wanted to get Aziraphale away from Marcus.

"Don't let him fool you, he's truly amazing," Aziraphale smiled fondly at the demon.

Crowley would normally object and claim to be a horrible person, but he couldn't help but swell with pride.

"Well you two have a nice evening, I'll see you in the morning, Az?" Marcus was less flirty with his tone, which Crowley appreciated.

"Thank you," Aziraphale gave a nod before following Crowley to his bookshop next door.

He barely had the door closed before Crowley had him pinned to it, their lips pressed together harshly.

"Crowley, if I didn't know any better, I'd say you were jealous of Marcus," Aziraphale smirked at the demon.

"It's a good think you know better then," Crowley pulled away before fetching two wine glasses.

"Indeed," Aziraphale's smirk turned into a full on grin.

"He was awfully flirty though," Crowley pointed out, not looking at the angel.

"Crowley, dear, you know I love you and only you, right?" Aziraphale wrapped his arms around the demon from behind.

"Yes, yes, of course," Crowley answered dismissively though it was nice to hear.

"Good, because I do."

"If I didn't know any better, I would think you're trying to reassure me," Crowley turned so he was facing the angel now.

"It's a good thing you know better then," Aziraphale pursed his lips to hold back a laugh.

"Indeed."

(Request for CarterRogers02, hope it's okay)