Seven billion people

Aziraphale rarely drank to get drunk and when he did Crowley was usually the cause of it. Whether he was the one physically pouring the drinks or just the reason Aziraphale needed a drink, he was always involved.

The first time Aziraphale got drunk was when Crowley decided to introduce wine to the angel. The second time Aziraphale had sought out said wine to drown out the fact that he was falling for a demon.

His reasoning tonight was once again due to Crowley. Aziraphale and Crowley had been together for a few months by this point, however the angel still didn't quite understand how it happened. I mean, he knew how they met and the slow build friendship that followed, and the sudden kiss Crowley had planted on his mouth at the Ritz after averting Armageddon. But why the demon chose him still eluded him.

He tried not to think much of it really and just enjoy that he was loved as much as he was, However, he'd been on the hunt for a book when he discovered a grand story about a pair of star crossed lovers. It had reminded him that Crowley's love for him was truly one in a million. Demon's weren't even supposed to love and yet Crowley did. Very deeply for the angel in fact.

The insecure part of his mind had gotten the better of him, telling him it was a trick and the wily snake was just toying with him, but he knew that wasn't true but the thoughts persisted so instead he decided to have a drink. One drink turned into two, which turned into five and before he knew it, he was two bottles in when Crowley arrived at his bookshop.

"Angel, I brought the wine you asked me to get," Crowley called over the sound of the small chime of the front door.

"Crowley, dear, how nice of you to join me," Aziraphale gestured drunkenly to the couch.

"You alright, angel?" Crowley frowned.

"I'm tickety boo. Sit, sit, both of you," Aziraphale insisted gesturing again, this time he stumbled in his attempts.

Crowley quickly caught the angel, pulling him in close to his chest. "How much have you had?"

"Just a couple," Aziraphale hiccupped.

"A couple glasses?" Crowley asked in disbelief. He knew the angel couldn't hold his alcohol like he could but two glasses seemed unlikely to make the angel so unsteady.

"Bottles," Aziraphale giggled.

"You started without me. You don't normally do that. Is something the matter?" Crowley guided Aziraphale to the couch.

"You," Aziraphale sighed.

Crowley's chest tightened. What had he done? "Me?"

"You're so...amazing and yet...I don't get it," Aziraphale pulled Crowley down next to him, practically on his lap.

Crowley felt a flush raise in his cheeks. Aziraphale rarely talked like this, he knew how it made Crowley feel. He was a demon, he wasn't supposed to be sweet, or get praises. It made him uncomfortable even if he did appreciate it.

"Seven billion people and there's only you. Seven billion people, how did I get you?" Aziraphale trailed a finger along Crowley's cheek.

"Sitting here with you is easy. I don't have to act like someone else. Like those other angels. I'm not like them. You know me. What I'm thinking, without me saying a word. I could be a million miles away and you'd find me in a second. No one knows me- sees me like you do."

Crowley's face was bright red now.

"You don't mind my crazy obsessions. Everyone else would just laugh at them," Aziraphale gestured to the room at all the many books.

"You get me and I can't believe I got you. It doesn't make sense to me."

Crowley knew that Aziraphale meant every word despite his drunkenness, in fact that's how he knew the angel was being sincere. He wouldn't say such things when sober, he knew it would make Crowley sneer. The demon considered it for a moment, but the sincerity in his angel's eyes made him pause.

"Me? I'm the demon here. I'm the one who can't believe I've got you. You love me despite my wickedness and all my imperfections," Crowley gestured to his glasses.

Aziraphale removed the glasses carefully, concentrating on not stabbing Crowley in the eye in his drunken state.

"I love every part of you, my dear," Aziraphale smiled gently.

Crowley was sure if he could die from embarrassment he would have turned into a puddle of goo at that moment.

He lifted Aziraphale's chin and pressed their lips together gently.

"I'm far too sober to continue this conversation, angel," He smirked against Aziraphale's lips.

"Let's remedy that, shall we. You brought wine," Aziraphale put Crowley's glasses on his own face and giggled.

Crowley stared adoringly as the angel attempted to pour him a glass of wine. "Perhaps I should-"

"No, no, I've got it," The angel insisted, stumbling in an attempt to wave Crowley away.

Crowley obliged, instead offering to steady his angel discreetly but winding his arms around him from behind.

Seven billion people and yet no two of them wereas perfect for each other as Crowley and Aziraphale.

(Requested by a tumblr follower)

*AN*
I will be taking a break from requests for a few days. My uncle is in the hospital(it's really bad) and I've got a lot on my plate at the moment and I'm just a bit overwhelmed. I will do the requests I already have so don't worry if you've put one in. I'll let you guys know when I'm taking requests again. Thanks and sorry!