Rome

(Just a little heads up, I was commissioned on my kofi to write this while intoxicated. So I'm a couple drinks in and hoping this came out not terrible, also sorry for spelling errors.😂)

Crowley had ordered the most drinkable thing he could think of and yet it still tasted like sewer water, don't ask how he knew what that tasted like, that is a story for another time.

He was already in a particularly bad mood, having failed at his tempting of Caligula, the current Roman empire. He'd dressed up for the occasion and everything only to have failed. He would be getting a nasty gram from downstairs for this one. Hastur would likely deliver it himself. He liked to make Crowley's life miserable any chance he got.

"Crawly- er Crowley?" A voice asked from his right just then. "Fancy, running into you here."

It was Aziraphale.

Crowley took a large gulp of his drink.

"Still a demon then?" The angel asked.

"What kind of stupid question is that? Still a de-what else am I gonna be? An aardvark?" Crowley snapped. He really wasn't in the mood, especially to be talking to Aziraphale. The angel he'd been running into for the last four millennia had become something of a highlight in his life. Usually he was the one to approach the angel, however. He didn't like being unprepared.

"Salutatorian," Aziraphale smiled holding up his own cup of sewer water.

Crowley, unable to deny the overly enthusiastic angel, held his up as well.

"In Rome long?" The angel asked.

"Just nipped in for a quick temptation," Crowley answered, looking forward. He really wasn't in the mood to do this right now but he had such a hard time being rude to the angel. "You?"

"I thought I'd try Patronus' new restaurant. I hear he does remarkable things to Oysters."

Of course Aziraphale would be there to try a restaurant. He did like his food.

"I've never eaten an oyster," Crowley said thoughtfully, taking another sip of his drink.

"Oh." The angel look appalled. "Oh, well let me tempt you to-" He cut himself off abruptly.

This caught Crowley's attention.

"Oh, no that's- that's your job isn't it?" The angel stuttered nervously.

This brought the slightest smile to Crowley's lips earning a shy smile in return.

"Maybe I will let you tempt me," He set his now empty cup down.

Aziraphale lit up before frowning. "Perhaps instead of tempting you I can just...invite you...to join me."

Crowley couldn't help but snicker. Any reprimand he got from hell would be worth spending time with Aziraphale.

-

Patronus did do remarkable things to Oysters. Though the texture still threw Crowley off a bit he enjoyed them. Though he enjoyed his company more. Aziraphale had somehow wiggled his way into Crowley's heart. Who knew demon's even had a heart to be wiggled into.

"Where are you off to next?" Aziraphale asked, setting his cup down and leaning back in his seat.

"Wherever the wind takes me I suppose," Crowley shrugged. Truth was he wouldn't know until he got orders from headquarters. For now he would just go where he wanted.

"I'm going to be staying here for a bit, perhaps you might join me. I'm guessing there are several opportunities for temptations here," Aziraphale didn't look up from where his hands were clasped in his lap.

Crowley raised a curious brow. Was the angel wanting him to stay?

"Perhaps I might show you around a bit, since you've only just popped in. There's much to be seen," Aziraphale continued when Crowley didn't respond.

"Well seeing as how my temptation failed I don't see why I can't find someone to tempt in their place," Crowley would never admit that he was only agreeing because Aziraphale had asked him.

"Oh, I'm sorry to hear that," Aziraphale looked up with a sympathetic frown. "Or well... I suppose I shouldn't be..." he frowned then.

"Eh, it happens, that just means I'll have my side on my ass."

"If it helps you could blame me. Perhaps they'll be more forgiving?" Aziraphale offered gently.

"Forgiving isn't really our thing," Crowley screwed his face up into a sneer, "But that might give me enough of an alibi they'll write it off."

Aziraphale gave a wide smile, "Very well, then you were thwarted by a ghastly angel."

Crowley smirked again. This was the reason Crowley had grown to truly care for Aziraphale. No one would offer to be the bad guy so that a demon wouldn't get into so much trouble. He supposed that was what made Aziraphale such a great angel.

*AN*
For some reason I kept spelling sewer srwere...like no matter how many times I tried I could not type it properly. It's a miracle I managed(thanks Zira)