True love waits

Aziraphale loved things. For an angel he was very materialistic. He loved food, and wine and books and soft blankets and jewelry.

Crowley loved this about the angel, and he loved indulging his angel with gifts and dates. This particular gift however was something Crowley had thought about for a long time.

They'd been officially dating for about three weeks. The impending doom no longer threatened their relationship and their sides no longer claimed them, so they decided to stop fighting what they had. Crowley remembered the night they got together well. It was a Thursday; they had just finished dinner at a fancy restaurant at the seaside when Aziraphale had casually slipped his hand into his.

Crowley glanced down at their now intertwined hands. He felt the hesitation from the angel, but he did nothing to separate them.

They continued walking along the beach when Aziraphale stopped them.

Crowley waited for the angel to say something, but he remained silent.

"What you thinkin' about so hard, angel?" Crowley asked, concern creeping into his tone.

"The past six thousand years. All the times we've done this before," Aziraphale's eyes roamed the horizon

"I don't think we've quite done this before," Crowley lifted their hands gently.

"No, I don't suppose we have and that's my fault," Aziraphale dropped his gaze as if in shame.

"It's fine, I understand, you weren't there yet," Crowley had been patient, waiting for Aziraphale to catch up to him.

"I thought maybe you'd give up on me, but I guess true love waits."

Crowley glanced down at the tiny box in his hand and took a deep breath, "Angel, I got you something."

Aziraphale peered around the corner, his glasses perched on the end of his nose, his white gloves clung to his hands.

"Oh, dear, you're early," Aziraphale took off his glasses, and peeled off the gloves carefully.

He pressed up on his toes to place a kiss on the demon's lips as he reached him.

"Here," Crowley shoved the box into Aziraphale's hands.

"Oh, what's the occasion?" Aziraphale's eyes lit up at the tiny gold foil wrapping and the glittery bow. The woman at the shop had assured Crowley Aziraphale would like the wrapping.

"Because I love you, do I need a reason?" Crowley shrugged.

Aziraphale beamed at him as he opened the box. "Oh." He pulled out a necklace that had half a heart dangling from it. The heart was black with the words, 'true love waits' engraved on it.

"I have the other half," Crowley pulled a chain from around his neck to show that the silver heart that hung from it matched up perfectly. "They connect by a magnet."

"Oh, Crowley, it's lovely," Aziraphale set the box down and clasped the necklace around his neck.

"I uh, also charmed it so that if either you or I are ever in trouble, they'll send a shock to let the other person know. I'm always afraid they're gonna take you away from me," Crowley, dropped his eyes in embarrassment.

"Oh, darling, you're wonderful. The gift is wonderful," Aziraphale pulled the demon down into a deep kiss.

"Glad you like it," Crowley breathed out when Aziraphale pulled back.

"I love it. True love waits, how special. You are so good at these things for a demon," Aziraphale ran his fingers over his necklace.

Crowley cleared his throat to try and stave off the blush that threatened his cheeks. "So you were working on something. You get that new bible or whatever in?" Crowley knew Aziraphale would be distracted by the book.

"Oh yes," The angel pulled Crowley to show off his newest project, but his fingers never stopped tracing the tiny words on the charm around his neck.

(Request for Mythical_Lei, hope it's okay)