Turn 12: Somebody To You

Maleficent's POV

I used to run around. When I was a little kid, my mother gave me a very precious gift, a pair of strong wings. Then I learned my way to fly and dashed through tall grasses. I've lost them once; thanks to Aurora I had it back, now it's fairly gone again. But this time it was different.

Looking around, I found myself lying along the seashore. Soft waves frenzied my legs. Sands sprinkled all over my body; I'm positive the forest near West was the Moors, my home.

I took a huge breath of air, one step forward, and leap!

What happened?

Nothing happened.

Wings, take me home right now. What's the matter?

Tilting my head to look for my wings, what's the—?

"S-sh-sh-sh—" Shit! Did I just stutter? My wings were gone!

Lost in thought, I followed the dark path toward the moors and nearly jumped out of my skin when a frog jerked as I almost stepped on it. What the hell! I backed away, nearly falling into a mound of snow at the edge of the walkway.

A dark figure arose behind the snow-covered green. I caught my balance as I recognize the familiar coat she'd wear. The coat which she used to play with pestered animals portraying a prince. Oh I remember what a bunch of hopeless romantics they were.

"Are you alright?" she said.

"A-ah, a—ah" Aurora! My lips twitched into a smile. Nodding repeatedly, I didn't make a sound. I'm an idiot! 

She put a steadying hand on my back. My lower lip wobbled on a sob. I sniffed, starting to hyperventilate.

"Hey, calm down. Just hang in there." She grabbed a bottle and put it gently on my lips.

"You're dehydrated, miss. Please take at least a sip it will help you recover."

Oh come on, it's just water.

I've watched her eyes diluted as she yanked back the bottle slowly. Her eyes narrowed as she stared at my face, standing so close together. I didn't know why but my instinct pushed me through and I obeyed myself for once to lean into her.

Aurora whirled on me "What do you think you're doing?" she demanded, her voice low.

"Did you really think I would kiss you that fast? I was just helping you!"

I'm sorry I didn't mean it!

"You're just a stranger." She hissed.

No... shaking my head, I tried to avert myself. But I want her to understand.

"I-I, I—I" I stuttered.

"B-b-b..." beastie! Ugh! How am I supposed to talk? Waving my hand, drawing senseless invisible images, my eyes watered. All my pent-up rage and frustration exploding but nothing in words would come out.

"Remember this. If you insist on playing charade, then do it right. You don't know me, and I damned don't know you either. If you have problems then get it straight." So angry she was shaking, she stepped closer to me. "I can help you but please don't get me wrong."

"Ah... Ah..." I said pointing my numb throat.

"Oh," she said. "You're mute. Why didn't you tell me?"

How stupid Aurora.

"Oh yeah, where's my brain? How will she tell me if she's mute in the first place?"

Isn't she one crazy damsel? Why was she talking to herself?

"Come," she grabbed my hand.

"I'll take you home with me. I'm going to take care of you from now on. If I can't handle an entire kingdom maybe at least I can take good care of a new friend."