-Chapter 12-

John's POV

My heart beat was racing so fast, I heard its echo in my ears.

Sherlock Holmes was in love with me, and now were KISSING. I had to stand on my tiptoes to reach his lips properly, but he let me lean on him when I felt as if I would fall over.

I pulled away when I felt the need to breathe, making Sherlock groan lightly.

"Breathing- is- boring." He said inbetween gasps.

He put his forehead against mine as we struggled for air.

When we finally caught our breath, Sherlock pulled me to his room, and guestured for me to lay down on his bed. I did as he ask, and layed down where I usually slept. He walked to his wardrobe, and stripped of his suit (which I kindly averted my eyes for) and put on a light blue shirt, with long pajama pants that had blue stripes that went sideways.

He layed in bed with me, bringing the bedspread up so that we could both get under it.

We layed on our sides to face eacother, and I couldn't help but stare and I feel as though Sherlock couldn't either.

He brushed his hand against my cheek lightly, staring iinto my eyes.

"John." He whispered after a moment.

"Yes Sherlock?"

"I am so sorry."

"You dont have to keep apologising."

He forced a small smile, looking away from my eyes.

I wanted to let him know that its okay, he's here now, so its just something in the past we had to deal with later.

But not now; not when I'm with the love of my life.

Scooting closer to him, I wrapped one of my legs around his, and tucked my head underneath his chin, letting my head rest on his chest.

"Sherlock, the past is the past, and no matter how hard you try, you cant change it, even for the one person in the entire universe you would change it for."

He paused for a moment, but then put one of his hands on my back, and somehow found a way to snuggle himself closer to me.

"I know love, I know. But thats why I say it; to make sure you know you are the one person I would change the past for."

Sherlock kissed the top of my head, and rested his back ontop of mine.

"But- you know what?" He said after a moment, obviously gaining recocnition.

"I would not only change the past for you, but the present and furture as well. I would stop time if I could, just to spend the rest of eternity with you."

"Sherlock-"

"Sh, John. Its late, and it has been an eventful night. Get some sleep."

He reached for the light, but I stopped him quickly.

"Wait!"

"What is it?" He said, worry in his voice.

"Are you going to be here when I wake up?"

I heard worry in my voice, and my cuts felt like they were stinging, almost telling me, "Sherlock will leave you", making me want to punch my stomach.

"Of course John. I will never leave your side again-" He paused, before smiling and adding, "well, only when I need to of course."

I laughed with him, and found myself settling back into bed, foccusing on Sherlock's body heat when the light went out and was replaced with darkness.

"I love you Sherlock."

"And I will always love you, my dearest John Watson."

His words repeated in my head over and over again, like a lullaby, rocking me to sleep.

Always...