-Chapter 24-

John's POV

(A/N: I have been having major problems with the chapter/story, so if things get too out of hand, I may have to either drop the story completly, or make a part two story. Tell me what you guys think.)

Will ate his cheesbuger fast, not even taking a second to savour the taste. I ate a small salad, not really in the mood to eat. When he did finnish though, he stood from the small table, and flopped down onto the hard matress. After a few moments of pure silence, snores errupted from the bed, indicating that he had obviously fallen asleep. After throwing out my paper plate and plastic fork, I tiptoed to his jacket, and searched his pockets, hoping to find something that would give me more details about his life. After digging for what seemed like forever, I found an unused condom, car keys, his cab badge and a wallet. I opened his wallet to find five dallors, a coupon for grape fruit and a picture. The picture was of a little girl, who was standing next to Will, obviously related to him. She had the same green eyes and dark hair he did. She was about... twelve? Yeah, twelve or so. She was a very pretty girl, who I could see growing up to be a very gorgeous woman. Will's arm was hanging on her small shoulders. He looked so different in the picture... He looked... Happier. He didn't have dark bags underneath his eyes, or even his amazingly long, messy hair.

"Her names Emily..." I heard a voice say from behind me. I turned to see Will awake. I looked back down to the picture.

"She'll be turning thirteen in a few weeks..." He said, standing to look outside the window. I looked up to the window. It was raining- it was always fucking raining...

The question remained at the back of my throat. I did not dare open my mouth to ask it. But- I do it anyway.

"Why?"

He turned to me, confusion plastered onto his face, before realisation hit him, ans he chuckled lightly to himself.

"Johny boy... Oh, dear John... " He said, looking down to the floor, letting a stray tear drop fall into the brown carpet, then looking back up towards me.

"Did you know I went to college to become a lawyer?"

I raised my eyebrows in surprise. Hmmm... Will a lawyer?

"But... Things never turn out the way you want them to, do they?" He asked, taking the picture from my cold fingers, and placing it back inside his wallet for safe keeping, before kissing his fingers and placing them to the photo.

"I'm ganna get some fresh air." He said, opening the door to the rainy world.

I nodded, and watched him leave, before going for my phone, clicking the contacts button, calling up an old friend I haven't spoken to in too long.