-Chapter 10-

John's POV

After Sherlock and I watched a lovely episode of doctor who, we both decided it was time to get to bed.

We both went our seperate ways for our rooms, and I found myself laying awake in bed, staring at my ceiling for an awful amount of time.
Sleep, I need... sleep.

Then, a list of ways to fall asleep came into my head.
Counting sheep? No, that usually doesn't work. Warm milk? Of course not, that will only wake Sherlock up.
Sherlock...
Perhaps...

It was worth a try. I stood from my bed, going downstairs to Sherlock's room, and knocked on the door lightly.

"Sherlock?" I whispered.

"Come in."

I opened the door lightly, finding Sherlock wide awake, in fact he hadn't even dressed for bed yet.

He was writing away in a journal when I entered, until he suddenly flipped the journal closed, and stood from his desk, walking to me.

"Now John. Whats the trouble?"

"Ah, yes. Well, I cant sleep Sherlock."

The corners of his mouth turned upright into a smile, making me feel a smile coming on as well.

"Thats alright. I couldn't either, so I decided to stay up writing, as you could see."

"Yes, quite so."

Sherlock moved closer to me, closing the space between us. My heart sped, and my palms sweat. I have never experienced such an intense emotion in my life. Trust me, it was a strange emotion, yet, it felt... well wonderful.

I looked into Sherlock's eyes, and saw something never thought I would see- so many emotions at once. Fear, happiness, compassion, anger.

It was as if his mind was exploding with all these new idea's of... feeling.

Then... I saw his pupils dialate, and I heard his breathing qwivered.

"Are you alright Sherlock?"

He seemed to snap back into reality at my voice.

"Yes, of course, why wouldn't I be?"

He shook his head, and smiled at me, making my heart thump lightly.

"Sherlock I-"

"John, would you please follow me to the living room?"

I nodded, confused at his request, but glady accepted.

We both walked out of Sherlock's room, to the living room. Sherlock told me to sit down on the couch, and I did. He stood infront of me, and put his hands to his mouth, showing he was deep in thought. He looked up from his hands, to say;

"One second please John."

I nodded, and made a gesture with my hand for him to continue. He nodded a thanks, and paced the living room for quite some time, before he came back to me, fear clear on his face.

"John- I need to tell you something, but frankly, I am not entirely sure on where I start."

I smiled up at him, trying to be as reasuring as I could.

"Start from the begining."

He smiled at me for a second, before he started.

"John- from the moment I me you, I knew you were different. Every time I needed you- you were there, and for that, I am truly grateful."

Was I hearing this right? Is Sherlock Holmes, the all great and powerful consulting detective, saying he's grateful?

"And John, I know I have caused you pain. And god, I would give anything to make it all go away!" Tears filled his eyes, and made my stomach twist, and heart ache.

I stood from the couch, and let Sherlock collapse in my arms, in a warm hug.

"Sh. Sherlock, your here now, so your already starting to help me."

I let him wet my shirt with his salty tears. I made soft circles on his back, wanting to comfort him in any way I could think of.

"John." He said after awhile.

"Yes Sherlock?"

"I love you."