-Chapter 7-

Sherlock's POV

John seemed more than tired- he looked scared, and awfully sad.

Maybe I should go check on him...? Yeah.

I left the living room for the stairs that would take me to John's room.

I opened the door, and saw a sight that I am never going to forget again.

Oh bloody hell no!

I ran to him. He was asleep on his bed, either he passed out from the blood, or he genuinly fell asleep.

John had a high grade, army knife in his hand, blood staining it, with blood splashed on his sheets. I lifted up his shirt to see fresh new wounds made by him. Blood stained his finger tips, and stomach. It looks that his arm had minor cuts as well.

Oh no, oh god no!

"John! Stay with me okay?" I stroaked his head, getting his hair off of his eye lids. The bleeding was bad, and it seemed pretty deep on his stomach.

I quickly went for the first aid kit, and sat next to John with it.

My heart was beating out of control, and my hands were shaking imensly. (A/N: Remember, so spell check, sorry.)

Grabbing the disinfectant, I splashed some on a rag, and dabbed it on his wounds.

"Ah!" He screamed, waking from his sleep.

"What are you doing?" He asked, his voice groggy.

"What does it look like? Now stay still John!"

He did as I asked, but cringed when I applied the disinfectant to his cuts.

"Why did you do this John? Why?" My voice was slightly higher on the last word. I wasn't mad at him, I was mad at myself, because I knew the anwser to the question I just asked.

"I just didn't want the pain to go on. Im sorry Sherlock..."

I frowned at his anwser, but smiled when he said my name again.

"You trust me now?"

"Yeah, I suppose so." He smiled at me, not keeping his eyes off of mine, even when I looked away to wrap his wounds in bandages.

When I finnished, he was about to stand, but I told him to lay back down. He did as I asked, and layed back down, but sat up against the head board.

I took his bedspread and sheets off of his bed, him moving from left to right on his bottom, so that I could strip the bed.

"Wait there." I said, when I walked out of the room to put the bloody bed supplies in the wash, and to grab him a new sheet and blanket.

When I came back, he was holding the knife in his hand, washing the blade with the disinfectant hand towel I used on him.

And suddenly, he walked over to the bin, and dropped it in, then going back to sit on the bed.

I beamed at him. He's letting go, and thats good.

He offered to make the bed himself, but I denied him, and did it myself.

When I finnished, I told him to lay back down, and he did so.

"Sherlock, why do you want me to lay down?" He asked.

"Just do it okay?" He didn't argue.

My hands felt sweaty, so I rubbed them on my pants.

I sat next to him, and slowly brought him into a hug. He felt so warm, and so safe in my arms. My heart rate increased, hoping John couldn't hear it.

"John."

"Mm?" He asked, cuddled in my shirt.

"I am so very sorry. And I promise you- no, I swear to you, I am never going to put you through that type of pain again."

His body relaxed in mine, and he sighed with happiness.

"Thats good to hear Sherlock."

I stood from the bed, John then standing after me. I told him to sit back down, and he did without any complaint.

Running to the kitchen and opening the cubbort, I found an un opened box of biscuits, and grabbed a plate to slide some onto.

When I came back into the room, John had a book under his nose, and was now sitting on the floor.

"Uh, John?"

He quickly stood up, and closed his book, tossing it to the floor, kicking it underneath his bed.

"Yes?"

"What were you reading?"

I noticed he was looking around the room, obviously looking for a good excuse.

"Uh, R-" He coughed "The darkest minds."

I sighed.

"John, please stop lying to me, I thought we could be more open with each other now."

He frowned, knowing I knew. He then sighed, bending over to get the book, but winced at the cuts on his abdomen.

"Wait John!"

John stood from the floor, and backed up slightly so that I could get the book.

I handed him the plate, and reached under the bed, grabbing the book.

Reading the cover, my mind went to places I didn't even knew existed (A/N: Nothing dirty, :/), and it was nice.

"Romeo and Juliet?" I asked.

He looked to the floor embarassed.

"Y-yeah."

"Well, it is a very good book, isn't it?" He looked up from the floor, surprised.

"Yes, I suppose so. I'm not very far though, I never have been the best at reading." He admitted shyly.

Oh, John looks so cute.

Wait, what?

Why was I thinking these things, and feeling this way?

Ignore it Sherlock, block it out, do it now!

I tried my best, to block out my emotions, but it failed.

I cleared my throat. "Well, would you like me to read it to you?"

John nodded happily, his cheeks turning a slight shade of pink. My cheeks felt warm, so I coughed, trying to hide it. He saw it though, and his cheeks became even redder.