-Chapter 19-

-Sherlock's POV-

John sat on the couch in the sitting room, while I cleaned up the broken glass from his room, and made another two cups of coffee. He seemed surpringly content, seeing as he made himself at home right away. I ducked my head through the doorway a few times, watching as he stretched his tired arms. When I did Finnish making the coffee's though, I walked into the sitting room, handing John his cup, before I sat down in my own chair, watching his every move.
Tell him Sherlock... No, I can't, at least not yet...

John drank his coffee quietly, glancing my way a few times.

"Sherlock..." He said, taking me away from the current argument with my own brilliant brain.

"Yes John?" I asked, brining the cup away from my lips to speak.

"Did you get a pet while I was away?" He asked, glancing to the small animal bed, and supper dishes that were placed by the door.

I nodded my head lightly.

"Yes, a cat."

John seemed happy, smiling cheek to cheek.

"Oh thats lovely!" He said, clapping his hands together in an excited manor.

"Boy or girl?" He asked, glancing left to right, obviously expecting the cat to walk into the room, or to at least see it sleeping somewhere close by.

"Boy. His name is Paul." I found it amusing to name him that, other than the classic ones, like mittens or fluffy.

John looked around again, only this time calling out Paul's name expectantly, hoping he would come running into the room. I shook and hear, before telling him a quick, 'wait one moment' before I retreated to my room, finding the dark gray and white tabby, sleeping on my bed lazily. I scooped him up, bringing him back to where John wait excitedly. Once his eyes landed in Paul, Johns face lit up. I placed Paul on Johns lap, backing up to sit in my seat again, watching as John ran a comforting hand over Paul's back. Paul purred in happiness, and rested sleepily on Johns lap.

"He's such a good cat." John said, looking up to me again, letting his smile drop lightly.

"Yeah.." I said, not paying much attention.

"Listen...John...I need to tell you something..." My heart speed up in fear, not knowing how he would take the awful news.

His head looked up to mine again, his eyes transfixed on my own.

"Alright."

I felt a nervous bead of sweat run down my neck, and palms start to sweat aggressively.

"I have been seeing someone else..."

Johns smile faded, and a new wave of emotion replaced it. It was a mix of emotions- fear, envy, regret, hate but mostly, sadness.

When he spoke, his voice cracked, and came out as a whisper. "Who?"

I wished he hadn't asked that.

"Lestrade."