Episode 34- Nervous

-------------------------------------------------

"So what does this do?" Denise questions watching Craig, the same officer who questioned Joe, clip a ring around her son's ankle. It was the day after Joe's trial and as Joe thought they didn't have enough evidence to do him for being the hood and murdering dozens of people. They only had the video when they would probably need finger prints as more evidence that he was doing what he was accused of and thrown in jail.

"An alarm will sound if he leaves within fifty metre radius of house." Craig explains standing up ready to answer any other questions they may have for him.

"So basically I can't leave the house?" Joe questions through a sigh.

"Well the fence at the bottom of the yard, by law we have to set it as far as your garden goes and obviously you have quite a big garden so you can go that far." He explains again praying that he was the hooded guy because he had already promised his boss he would find him and he hadn't had much luck until he found the video tape of Joe.

"How long do I have it on for?" Joe questions staring down at the metal on his ankle.

"A week." He says simply Joe sighing nodding his head, he had no idea how he was going to get out of this one but he had a week to come up with something.

Joe and Denise ask all the questions they wanted to then Craig leaves with the other officers. Denise lets out a sigh sitting down on the couch next to her son holding onto his hand telling him that everything was alright but he was finding that hard to believe. He hadn't even heard from Demi since before the trial, he desperately wanted to see her and Raine, know how the baby is doing and finally tell his family. He still didn't know whether he would be around to witness his child growing up but he knew he'd do everything he could to make sure he was.

"Can I throw a party? Get my mind of this?" Joe questions looking at the side to see his mother.

"Sure, Colin and I will get out of your way on say Thursday?" Denise questions Joe nodding his head in agreement. "Just please Joe not too big and any breakages you can pay for."

"Fine, thanks mom," Joe says as the doorbell goes.  "I'll get it." Joe states hopping up beginning to walk out the room.

"Don't leave the garden!" Denise warns.

"Yeah yeah!" Joe replies walking to the door opening it revealing Demi who had held of their daughter's hand. Joe missed Raine so much over the past couple of days and Raine missed him just as much when he was 'away with business'.

"Daddy!" Raine exclaims throwing her arms around his neck as he bends down, Joe smiles hugging back as Demi caresses the top of her head.

"Hey Raine." Joe says pulling away a couple of moments later standing up straight again. Joe allows them to come through as Raine enters the living room to greet her granny Joe and Demi stay behind to talk in private.

"Sorry I didn't call or come to see you last night, I had a scan and I knew you wouldn't be able to come." Demi says through a sigh handing him a picture, Joe can't help but smile looking down at his little son or daughter who seemed to be bigger than Joe thought.

"How far are you?" Joe questions.

"Thirteen weeks, I've been so busy and completely forgot that periods even existed," Demi says both of them laughing. "Him or her is healthy though, I've told my parents and they are excited." Demi explains Joe smiling wider.

"You want to tell my mom now?" Joe questions handing her the picture back with goes in her back pocket. Demi nods her head gently grabbing his hand as they wonder into the living room seeing Raine talking to Denise about how school was going. They both just suddenly become nervous about how she will react.

---------------------------------------------------

Comments please.