Episode 6- The court case

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Joe is stood in his room getting dressed into a suit and tie ready for the court case that will legally bring him back to life. After seven years of not hearing of him everyone presumed he had died and even had a funeral but Joe doesn't like thinking about that too much, his family crying over him. Joe groans in frustration when he can't tie the tie probably because of his hands shaking. He can't help but be nervous for the day ahead of him. Joe jumps slightly when he feels a hand on his shoulder smiling slightly when he sees his older sister, she takes the two ends of his tie beginning to knot them up pulling the smaller one when she's done so it's tight but not really tight around his neck. She leans in kissing his cheek before pulling his collar down.

"Nervous?" She questions and he nods sighing as he takes a seat at the end of the bed.

"I don't know if I'm ready to tell anyone what happened to me. " He admits.

"I know you probably don't want to but you have to let someone in sometime, mom is thinking about sending you to a counsellor." Bella explains and Joe sighs wanting to protest but knows it's probably for the better. Joe stands up giving his sister a hug before taking hold of her hand, they both walk downstairs meeting their mom and little brother.

"Ready?" Denise questions and they both nod everyone piling into the car.

Everyone climbs out of the car instantly getting a face full of flashing lights, Joe hadn't really been out in public since he arrived home so the press are going wild. They walk up into the court house ignoring any questions anyone comes at them with. They are used to it though being a rich and famous family. Once they get inside they all sigh of relief before heading into the room where their court will take place that was until something stopped Joe in his tracks.

"Demi." He says seeing her, she looks over but just carries on walking faster when she sees him remembering that his court case was today. Joe lets out a sigh before carrying on following his family into the room where he takes a seat at the bottom behind his family. Joe thinks that it's wrong that people can pay to come in and see cases like this, apparently Joe's went quite quickly everyone wanting to know what happened to this guy over the last seven years. Many of times Joe has been in court this one probably only being the one for a good reason. Everyone soon quiets down when the judge takes his seat in his rightful spot getting ready for the hour long session to start. This was the point where Demi snuck in  just curious to know what he is going to say and how he will react to all the attention that he used to crave.

"Joseph would you come stand here?" The judge questions and Joe nods taking a deep breath before climbing up standing in front of the podium everyone's eyes on him eager to see what he will reveal from the last seven years of his life. Denise probably being most eager one after him revealing his scars to him last night. "Would you care to start from the moment you figured out you were in danger?" He suggests and Joe nods.

"Well the ship sunk and a couple of us managed to get onto a lifeboat, me being the youngest everyone gave me the supplies left. Soon everyone died even my dad." Joe begins trying to find a way to carry on. "It took days for me to see land again but once I had I paddled the lifeboat over just so I could be back on land. For a couple of days I thought I was alone but I wasn't. There was a group of people who were trying to master a serum to turn a human into I guess you could call a beast." Joe states staring at the podium as he speaks.

"Define beast." the judge says and Joe begins thinking about how to explain what it was, what he witnessed.

"Um it was in a needle and once you to the jab you'd become this unbelievably strong." Joe told making everyone become shocked besides Joe who went through the whole situation himself, he'd seen things on that island that he thought he'd never see or experience but he's one hundred percent positive that he did.

"Did you get injected with it?" the judge asks curiously Joe shaking his head.

"Nope." He vows but lies at the same time. Everyone looking at his face to figure out whether he was lying or not but they couldn't tell, all but one person. His little brother. Living with Joe his whole life he has learned that when he runs his fingers through his hair tugging at it slightly he is lying. He then just wonders why he hasn't noticed it before or his mom and sister, surely when he hugs them he would squeeze them to death. He will confront him at some point but it isn't everyday you ask your older brother whether he's been injected with a strength serum. The court goes on Joe explaining some of what happened while he was on that island, he hasn't told them everything though, he doesn't know if he can. Demi makes a quick escape so Joe doesn't see her making her way to her office taking a seat at her desk. She puts her arms on the table nuzzling her head into the gap wondering where her life is taking her. Suddenly the guy she has been in love with for a couple of years until she found out the truth is back after seven years thinking and hoping he is dead but now he is back there's so much more to think about. He needs to know he has a daughter, he needs to know how much he hurt her and he needs to know that she isn't ready for her to take him back. She just doesn't know how or when to tell him.

"Dem you okay?" Drake, one of her close friends asks and she lifts her head up.

"I'm fine, just confused." Demi states and he looks up at the clock on the wall.

"Wanna go out for lunch and talk about it?" He questions and she smiles slightly nodding her head in agreement. Drake has been her best friend for years, they went through school together originally met in kindergarten, it was that moment they become inseparable. She's thankful that he is here as one of her only friends, he's so good with Raine and Raine likes to think of him as her dad even though she knows he isn't or calls him here dad.

"Is it that Joe guy?" He questions and she nods her head gently.

"I thought we'd been through this before, he's not worth it." Drake complains throwing his head back as he leans back in his chair.

"I know but he needs to know he has a daughter, I can't just not tell him cause I'm not that type of person and you know it." Demi states and he nods.

"We'll go through it at lunch, where do you wanna go?" He questions smoothing out his light brown hair.

"Anywhere sounds great." Demi states and he nods standing up grabbing his jacket from the back of the chair as Demi does the same. They leave in a regular conversation.

------------------------------------------------------------

I don't know if I can update again tonight if not I will tomorrow cause it's my day off :)