Episode 20- I'm sorry

Sorry it's late, I felt unwell but I feel a little better now after a sleep :) 

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Joe pulls up at the side of Demi's not even rushing knowing that he will have a lot of explaining to do and that he had already missed it. They would have been home for a hour at least Joe imagining that his daughter will be in bed now which will help knowing that Demi won't shout at him as loudly as she would if she was still awake. He gets out of his car slowly the pain in his chest so intense the more he moves, he makes his way up the drive knocking gently on the door in case Raine is asleep the door soon opening by Demi. He could tell that she had been crying and when she saw him her expression changed into relief but soon turned into grief Joe having to stop the door from closing. He bites his lip when they pain gets worse.

"Just leave Joe, you promised her you would come and you never turned up." Demi states not looking him in the eye.

"I'm sorry, something happened." Joe defends.

"Where were you anyway? Your family are worried sick." Demi explains Joe sighing running his fingers through his hair forcing himself not to scream from the pain, he should be resting after being shot, not up fighting for forgiveness.

"I can't tell you." Joe admits his arms falling down by his side. He can't tell her about him being the hood, everything would kick off then and he can't risk that. He just got his daughter, he doesn't want her to hate him over this even though he deserves it. If she is anything like her mother she will so stubborn but he would also know how to gain her trust back.

"You know I don't want a relationship based on lies." Demi snaps Joe sighing again, he doesn't think of them as lies, just something he can't tell her and hopes she will never find out about.

"I'm sorry okay, I understand that you hate me and I understand how much Raine must be hurting right now but I had um things to do." Joe expresses trying to find the right words to come out.

"Something more important than seeing our little girl doing the sport she loves doing the most?" Demi questions putting a emphasis on the 'our'.

"I know I'm not gonna earn your trust back so soon, can I just come over tomorrow and talk to Raine?" Joe inquires Demi sighing nodding her head after a couple of moments of thinking, she doesn't want to put any stress on Raine, especially when she is just about to start school again after summer and having some ballet exams.

"Fine but I can't be with you anymore, I'm sorry Joe."  Demi says closing the door slowly sighing when she hears him groan out of frustration. She waits a good couple of minutes peering out of the window seeing his car just driving off.

"Mommy?" She hears turning around seeing Raine rubbing her eyes smiling slightly at how cute she is when she is half asleep. 

"What's wrong baby girl?" Demi questions walking over picking her up holding her against her side smoothing out some of her bed hair.

"Was daddy here?" Raine questions.

"Yes baby but he's gone now, he'll be back tomorrow." Demi explains.

"What if I don't want him here?" Raine questions Demi trying her best not to frown. She would never stop Joe from seeing Raine but again she would never force Raine into seeing him. If she doesn't want to see him again she knows the laws of the courts and she would be able to sort something out so she wouldn't have to.

"Then you don't have to princess, sleep on it and if you don't want him here tomorrow I will tell him to leave okay?" Demi says Raine nodding her head wrapping her arms around Demi's neck falling asleep on her shoulder. Demi smiles again beginning to make her way upstairs and into Raine's room laying her gently down back in her bed. Demi kisses her forehead before tucking her in. She ends up in her own bed falling asleep pretty quickly now knowing that Joe is safe and hopefully back at him. She thinks she's done what's for the best.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Last of night :) 

I will be doing Shift in Sound tomorrow when I'm not at college :) 

I will be doing this story a week today.