Episode 31- Trial

I haven't read through it again, sorry if there are some mistakes.

-------------------------------------------

Joe was laid on the bed reading a book the officers had provided him but he was too distant in the book to even notice that anyone had walked in. He had always been like that, just zoned out when he read, he was transfer into a whole other world and it was take more than a door opening and closing for him to come back to reality. Demi sighs standing there for a couple of moments just staring at her boyfriend but then she cleared her throat making him look up from the book.

"Demi." Joe breaths laying the book down on the bed swinging his legs over the edge of the bed. "I swear I haven't done anything Demi." He says.

"Then why are you here?" Demi questions folding her arms over her chest.

"Because they have footage of a guy who looks very similar to me grabbing the clothes the hood wears but it isn't me not that they believe me." Joe grumbles standing up walking to her giving her a tight hug Demi hugging back as she buries her head into his chest.

"What's happening now then?" Demi questions as they pull away but stills staying close to each other not wanting to leave each other's sides.

"I've got a court case in a couple of days and that will determined what's happening." Joe says planting a kiss on her lips. 

"I hope it's all just a misunderstanding." Demi murmurs.

"It will be, I'll be home by the end of the week but would you do me a favour and go to my house and tell my mom? Colin is the only one who knows at the moment." Joe states Demi nodding her head pecking his lips again before pulling away a little more .

"I should get going, I'll tell Raine you've gone on work business for a couple of days." Demi states Joe nodding his head.

"I love you." He says smiling Demi soon mirroring it.

"I love you too." She replies before leaving. Joe sighs slumping on the bed again, the bed he will be sleeping on for the next couple of nights.

"What has he done to get arrested?!" Denise exclaims Demi in front of her who was nervous about telling her boyfriend's mother about what had happened. She had only met her a couple times which wasn't making the situation worse. She knew that Joe wouldn't have done anything serious not after he had come back from seven years of living on an island.

"They have found evidence that he's the hooded guy." Demi states looking over at the door when it open. Colin walks in looking distressed not having told his wife what had happened earlier that day, he didn't know if he could.

"Colin Joe's been arrested!" Denise exclaims clearly stressed by what she had just been told. Demi didn't like seeing a mother like this, she knew she'd act the same way if Raine one day were arrest but she hopes that would never happen. She's raised her better than for that to happen.

"I know, it happened at the office. I'm sorry I didn't call you, I just didn't know how to tell you." Colin says taking a seat next to his wife giving her a hug.

"It's okay, I just hope everything works out in the end. I just don't know if he will be able to live in prison, he's so used to having so much space." Denise admits.

"When I went to go see him he was adamant that he didn't do it and the person on the CCTV just looked similar to him but his court case is in a couple of days so we'll just have to see what happens then." Demi explains the worried parents nodding their head.

"Are you okay Demi? You look a bit pale." Denise states moving on the conversation.

"I've been nauseas all day and I've been having cramps. I think I ate something bad when I ate out with Joe and Raine yesterday." Demi explains.

"Keep an eye on it, if it doesn't get better soon go to the doctors." Denise advices Demi nodding her head knowing it was for the best.  

----------------------------------------------------

More than one comment would be nice.