Arc 6 Chapter 6

When they entered the Pub, they made their way to a vacant table. Cordilia held her hand up to catch the waiter's attention.

After the waiter walked over, Cordilia ordered some good and looked at Lucifer who shook his head.

"He'll have water" Cordilia said

'Vampires at this time.... Aren't much fond of human food... Even in the future' Cordilia thought as she ate her food.

"Aren't you going to attract a stranger and lure them to an alley for me to feed upon them?" Lucifer asked after Cordilia was almost done with her meal, but his voice was low, enough for Cordilia who had enhanced senses.

Cordilia looked at her dinner then to Lucifer with a displeased expression, netherless, Cordilia placed her eating utensils down.

"No, you take care of that yourself. My job is to protect you until I can kill you myself, you're ancient enough to hunt on your own" Cordilia said coldly, Lucifer only smiled codly as well and stood up before leading the way

Cordilia placed her bill down and followed him out.

They walked aimlessly until they arrived at the place where only people who had money and connections are allowed to live in. A few people was strolling here and there, Cordilia was able to tell.... Some of them are Vampires on a hunt as well.

Cordilia could feel some of them eyed her, Cordilia gave them a cold look and Secretly flashed her pocket watch that held the crest of the Royal Family, specifically the Duke Lucifer's Crest. Only the Vampires around was able to see such discreet actions.

Cordilia was literally telling them 'Do You Dare?'

They scattered after that, they do not dare offend him, okay?

Cordilia fixed herself right after that.

Lucifer had been walking leisurely before he snatched a walking teenage, a butler, and dragged him into the alley.

Cordilia halted. She knew exactly what Lucifer is doing but she could not stop her Fujoshi mind from wondering off.

"Alas...." 'that was dangerous, okay?' Cordilia thought with a flustered face, that scene she saw earlier....

Perhaps her gaze towards Lucifer will change when that image came to mind over and over again.

Cordilia stood by the side, acting as guard. Checking on top her pocket watch, there Lucifer had been for for quite some time now.

Cordilia is having a conflict. Save the brat or not?

[Save that boy! He is the great grandfather of the Vampire Hunter Association's Founder!] A'Yuan blared an alarm

She looked around before dashing into the alleyway, "Hey! You had enough! Stop right there!" Cordilia said

Lucifer gave her a displeased look, "Its rude to interrupt a Vampire eating, where have your IQ gone off to?"

Cordilia narrowed her eyes, "It stays with me. Let the little one go, he has family waiting for him. You had much to drink" Cordilia said, Lucifer gave her a threatening look

"I'm warning you human, if you keep over stepping your bounds, do you think I would not dare kill you?" Lucifer sneered, his golden eyes had shifted to red long ago.

Cordilia held her ground, "Lucifer do you dare?" Cordilia provoked.

"..... Good, very good, you really dare. Cordilia Jade, can you bear my anger?" Lucifer let the boy go, Cordilia tossed the bottle to A'Yuan who speed up and fed the boy the medicine and whisked him away.

Cordilia's focus was on the hostile Devil infront of her.

Ancient Vampire possessed a temper far worse than the Future Ones, specially when they are disturbed and their bottom line was being poked. Cordilia was impressed with Lucifer's tolerance with her was quite... Above average.

Cordilia gasp when she was held by her throat and slammed on the building.

'Pain!' Cordilia held back herself from whimpering.

"Little Rabbit, no matter how interested I am to you.... Don't forget, it will waver and fade away. After all, not all wanted to conquer a wild animal..... I prefer killing disobedient ones. Specially when they defy orders and rules over and over again" Lucifer said menacingly.

Cordilia stared at Lucifer, she clutched the hand that was slowly tightening on her neck.

'I can't... I can't breath!' Cordilia used everything she got to pry the hand off, it seemed to be futile.

Black spots appeared in the corner of her eyes, Cordilia's face had turned blue and her disguise had long been discarded.

Lucifer took a deep breath and let Cordilia go.

Cordilia held her neck and greedily taken in air, coughing up while she was at it. Her throat feels awful.

"..... Little Rabbit, you should watch your step next time. You won't die if you don't court death" Lucifer said and picked up the girl before they left.

Cordilia stared at the other with complicated gaze before she raged in her mind, 'The heck is with the Princess carry!? I, your mother, am not some damsel in distress! You put me down right now!' completely disregarding that she was close to death earlier.