Arc 3 Chapter 9

Cordilia mind was also racing. Not to mention A'Yuan was screaming in her head.

The only thing that Cordilia was thinking, 'The heck do you know of that bastard Xue Jin Ying!?'

"Hey, are you both okay there?" Nagong Ye's voice called out, obviously approaching their location.

This made them snap out of the tense atmosphere between them.

"Nagong Ye, fuck off. We are having a discussion here" Cordilia said coldly, the Male Lead stopped and shrugged before walking off.

Cordilia's blue eyes clashed with Xu Zhiluo's yellow ones. His silky pitch black long hair that has been tied by a white robbon has been lossened and drapes over them like curtain. Cordilia saw the flash of confusion in his eyes that moment before he backs away and rubbed his head as if soothing a headache.

Cordilia stared at him with a conflicted expression....

'A'Yuan..... Could it be...' Cordilia narrowed her eyes

[I don't know host. Generally it is impossible as soul are fragile, to keep hopping through worlds without the protection of a System, souls will be teared apart and vanished. Host..... Don't get your hopes up with this uncertain situation, you'll be in pain if it gets crushed] A'Yuan said

'Tell me one thing, A'Yuan.... Is this person.... Xue Jin Ying?' Cordilia asked

At this A'Yuan stayed silent for a few moment, [Yes and no] A'Yuan sighed

'Then who is he, really? Give me a certain answer' Cordilia demanded

[I can't tell you host. Not now] I A'Yuan said firmly

Cordilia stared at the person who resembled someone familiar to her but Cordilia could not point it out who..... She remembered her dreams in the previous world...... Silver hair and intense purple eyes..... Cordilia clutched the necklace as if it was her lifeline

'Could it be him?'

'But..... He is different somehow.....'

Cordilia was not able to finish her monologue.

"You are not Cecil Andrews. There is only one Cecil Andrews that I know and he is not an arrogant prick" Xu Zhilou said coldly, making it seems like he did not remember what happened few minutes ago.... Perhaps he really didn't.

Cordilia was at loss.

..............

The others felt the strange atmosphere between the two when they came back and this 'Cecil Andrews' was unusually quite and instead relaxing on the sofa that 'he' announced as his own while eating on potato chips.

"Leave Cecil alone if he's like that. You can tell he is upset and thinking about something when he is eating potato chips. Usually, the only thing that can cheer him up is vanilla ice cream but as you already know.... There aren't any left" Nagong Ye told them

"Ah... This Cecil sure is an odd ball" Asami commented, Nagong Ye nodded in agreement

"Actually, before he is usually quite, not like this. Pretty unapproachable and very cold... But with the circumstances we are in, I'd pretty damn sure I'll eat Durian if he doesn't change" Nagong Ye said before hearing a scoff from Cordilia however there wasn't an insult flying his way.

"Let's get moving now" Cordilia said and stood up from the couch after she tossed the empty tin can of potato chips on the couch.

"Of course" Nagong Ye chuckled as they made their way out, even if its still noon

Xu Zhiluo looked at Cordilia's back with complicated expression and a hint of doubt. Just last night he contacted the ACTUAL Cecil Andrews, his acquaintance,  who came to a conclusion that it must his little twin sister, Cecilia Andrews.

However the description of his twin's temperament compared to this arrogant girl....  Its quite far ah! Although Cecil Andrews is very smart and was able to enter the Military Medical Team and rise from the ranks under the cover of 'Jason Clark' one of the researchers had seen potential within him and recruit him in the Secret Military Research Institute under Xu Zhiluo's information in which he accidentally uncover 'Jason's' identity. Hearing that he is actually from the Andrews family, Xu Zhilou did not investigate anymore and just drop it seeing that the other is not even bothering on scheming upon him and was instead busy studying on the gene. Seeing this exact identical, although the personality is really different, Xu Zhilou just manage to contact Cecil and he told Xu Zhilou of his actual situation and how he regret not bringing his sister with him.

Xu Zhilou did not inform Cecil that his(Cecil) sister with with him(XZL), instead Xu Zhilou is looking forward for a play.

He anticipated it.

.....................

Exiting the city, the group ran over to a particular familiar group.

Nagong Ye smirked seeing the mesirable state they are in, An Wei specially.

However, the Lead seemed to have their very own magnetic gravitonal force that draw them in together and be bounded. Even if he was a former Male Lead as it was stripped from him an instead became a cannon fodder,  he still possesed the halo of being the Male Lead has amplified now that he had a rebirth and going to counterattack. Even in the state she is in, An Wei still looked incredibly pretty even with the dirt and exhausted look. She was the first one to notice them when they reached her line of sight, brightening up seeing them approach.