Arc 5 Chapter 3

Cordilia looked at Lukas meditating and earnestly trying to unlock his ability, it has already been 50 years since they are on the run.

Cordilia rolled the paper in her hand and raised it counting mentally.

5.....

4.....

3.....

2.....

1.....

"Ugh! Catherine, why can't you just give up!? I don't have a special ability. I am a trash!" Lukas complained and the roed paper descended and whacked him on the back of his head.

THWACK!!!

"Ow! That one really hurts!" Lukas rubbed the bump on his head

"With that mindset of a coward, do you deserve to be called a Baltazar?" Cordilia asked coldly, looking down on the 160 years old vampire, he had an appearance of an 8 years old boy

Silver hair tied on the back of his nape like his father and blue eyes from his mother.

"Catherine you're so mean...... But.... Aren't I already working hard enough?" Lukas groaned and stood up

"What's the use!? I can't even unluco an ability! I am not even that much above my brothers! I am ordinary! I can't do any outstanding things! Not even one, Catherine is a Dual User.... I... What qualification do I have to beat my brother... So.... So just quit it!" Lukas burst out before he immediately left the scene.

Cordilia watched coldly," Then you're nothing but a coward" Cordilia said before she turned around and walked off.

It's best if she let the brat cool off. The mistake Cordilia overlook is that Lukas lack the drive he had in the original plot to take back the throne. Since Cordilia had came out unscathed that night, Lukas did not had the hatred and determination for revenge in him like in the original. Lukas held his caretaker Catherine very dear to his heart. As his big sister that raised him, to be hurt in such degree for him to live, Lukas Baltazar wanted to get strong. He should even have made some progress.

Alas, the butterfly effect is too strong this time.

Shing!

'Sixth sense!' Cordilia turned to the west and blocked the fist that was about to strike her. Cordilia's green eyes flashed red before she reared her fist back....

..............

Lukas was back in his little hide out. The tree he marked as his own. On top of the branches, Lukas leaned his back on the tree trunk and sighed, looking at the starry sky. Laid back as he was, he was still on guard, Cordilia had drilled that lesson to him until Lukas could not drop his guard down no matter what he tried to do. Even if he lowered it slightly, Cordilia would send a small pebble to him, no matter how fast he was or how keen his senses, his caretaker seemed to brush it off and always manage to cut him off guard. Always.

Earlier, he knew it was kinda mean of him. Catherine had did her best to teach him, patiently yet sternly as she did so. Lukas understood that it was for his own good but he still felt suffocated so he had to.... Run.....

Lukas knew Catherine felt indignant that his right for the throne had been stripped off from him. He did not seem to understand what Catherine really wanted. She wanted him to succeed, that he could do it. So when he did asked her, she gave a vague answer.

"They are fools, that's what differentiate between them and me. My Prince, they don't see what I see" Catherine had a mysterious smile when she said that

Lukas sighed and stood up, "I guess I should go back and apologise" Lukas said and began heading back.

But as he got nearer to the little hut he stayed with Catherine, the more uneasy he felt.

So when he saw that the hut's door was slightly ajar, ominous premonition appeared in his heart. He immediately rushed towards the hut and pushed the door aside.

Lukas' pupils contracted when he saw the situation on the house. It was a total wreck. There are even claw marks and blood here and there, Catherine's and someone else's. Lukas walked over when the moon hit a certain direction. He walked over and picked it up, it was a silver heart locket. Lukas' eyes widen in terror.

It's Catherine's necklace!

He knew because Catherine is very fond of it and she never takes it off. Ever. For it to be lying here with a broken chain....

Lukas dare not think anymore and immediately rushed outside, screaming his caretaker's name. Unknown to Lukas, his eyes had flashed red as he moved even faster, he did not even noticed that his speed had picked up because of his ability to shift Space and Time and make it seemed like he is teleporting.

No, he had only one concern....

"Catherine!!!!"

Come back..... I'm sorry.... Please..... Please come back.... I don't want to be alone.....