Chapter 16

I'm sorry I've been such a jerk about uploading lately! Please don't tar and feather me! I think I might be getting a bit depressed especially because of the pressure my dad's ben putting on me in school so it's getting harder for me to want to do anything really let alone write but I hopefully will be able to pick myself out of this. Anyway, this is a longer chapter so it should hold you off for a while :P

I love you all! Thanks for the continued support! Vote COMMENT and fan! :D

**********************

"So where were you this morning?" Heather asked quickly.

"The bathroom," I responded readily and quickly turned the tables, "Why do you have so many hidden stories with Keagan."

Heather was silent for a moment. "We're kind of a thing," she said finally.

"Are you a thing or a family, because soon you'll be a single mother," I reminded.

"We'll always be family. He was my brother for a while but over time I guess he just became more than that."

"How do you go from brother to lover?"

"I don't know. It just happened."

"Well thank god you weren't really related," I quipped.

She laughed softly, "Yeah."

It was quiet for a moment before I asked, "How long?"

"What?" She was obviously in La La Land.

"How long have you two been a 'thing'?" I repeated.

"A couple years after you came."

I nodded thoughtfully. Nothing particularly special had happened. I guess it was one of those gradual changes.

"Well, whatever, you guys make a cute couple," I said.

"So glad you approve," she said sarcastically.

I opened to my mouth to reply but got cut off, "Speaking of couples, or 'things', what's up with you and that kid."

"Nothing really."

"Just having midnight sleepovers? Doing each others' nails? Gossiping all night long about the cute boys? Bathroom my ass I know where you were this morning and don't think I'm okay with it," she snipped.

"It's nothing romantic, at all. I go to sleep here and then…" I drifted off not ready to tell her that my nightmares had started again. I had nightmares for about a year after it all happened and I was afraid that these would last just as long.

"Don't tell me you just magically wake up in his room," she warned, completely missing my point.

"I don't, it's just… My nightmares started again and he wakes up when they happen and helps me fall asleep," I explained hesitantly, "That's just the way it is."

"Aw honey, why didn't you tell me?" she asked, immediately sympathetic.

"It's not that big a deal, I'm fine," I lied. I was having trouble keeping my hands still just talking about them. "Having someone there helps me sleep."

"And what's wrong with Gypsy?" she questioned.

"She sleeps like a dead fish," I said honestly. She didn't even wake up when I was screaming and although Caleb didn't do anything the first time, I'm pretty sure he did.

"If he tries something, you let me know," she said. I nodded but doubted he would actually seriously try something.

"By the way, where's Flapjacks? I haven't seen the furball much."