Chapter 18

A/N: I'm sooooooooo sorry for the wait!!! I lost my mojo for a while there but I seem to have found it again and after doing teensy pieces at a time I've come up with the atest installment.

Think of it as a Valentines Day present! Love you all and thank so much for your continued support! I hope to continue hearing from you in the future!

<3 Bayne

P.s. this is pretty much unedited because I was uber excited to let you guys read it.

____________________________________________________________________

I decided to spend the rest of my day wasting away in Caleb's room and no one objected to that, and no one disturbed me. No one brought me food or water but that was okay because I was too focused on not doing something sexual to really care. I had thought this morning was bad with all the sweating and itching but at least I wasn't constantly turned on. I am perfectly fine with admitting that hell yes I'm horny because it's a part of the werewolf culture. I don't know why humans don't admit it. I mean really, we all know that men aren't the only people who feel like getting' it on. If that were the case, all sex would be rape and we know that's not true.

Anyway, my point is that now not only am I overheating and itchy, I also want to make like a bunny if you know what I mean. Curled into a ball, I had to resist moving too much and in my hyper sensitive state, I worried that someone would come up to check on me and I would jump them. I really didn't know what I would do when Caleb came back because I wasn't going to leave on my own and I was pretty sure he was going to return to his room to sleep. At least I hoped he would. I would feel bad if he avoided me although if this was the effect I had on males, I would completely understand.

Caleb avoided me. It must have been nighttime. People were returning to their rooms and soft snores could be heard from various wings in the house but Caleb didn't come by. I felt relieved. I really didn't want to be seen like this and I didn't want him and his horny-self to lose control. I wouldn't be able to handle him.  With the knowledge that I was all alone, I went to sleep.

Nobody came to wake me up in the morning which I thought to be considerably strange. At the very least I expected Heather to be banging on Caleb's door but no; it was silent. I tossed and turned on the comforter, almost waiting for someone to come bother me. Through this dreadful heat I was beginning to crave human companionship.

It wasn't long before my wish was fulfilled and I heard Heather calling through the door.

"I heard you weren't feeling well," she said and gently sat on the bed beside me. I put the pieces together and nodded weakly, willing my limbs to slacken so I could fake sick.

"Yeah, I think I caught a summer bug," I lied quietly. I wasn't feeling sick. I was feeling far too zealous to be normal. My sex drive was through the roof and raising my body temperature, raising my appetite accordingly. I was practically buzzing with the need to touch somebody and cuddle. It was starting to make me irritable. I guess I'm lucky I have enough pride to keep myself from letting loose. I think I would hate myself if I had sex with anyone and everyone like that girl in the car at the mall, even through the relief it would bring.

Heather sighed and stroked my hair, slipping her hand onto my forehead to check my temperature.

"That's a high fever you have there," Heather said softly, every inch of her exuding the concern of a mother.

"I'll be okay, I just need some rest," and food, I added silently.

"I'll bring you up some warm milk and honey," she said and left Caleb's room, closing the door behind her softly. I rolled over and groaned to the ceiling. Heather's home remedy was not going to quell my hunger. At all. I felt so primal. All I wanted was food, sex, and sleep which covered the basic instincts to survive and reproduce.