Chapter 9

Dedication to Explode because she is my favorite werewolf writer and I really love Royal Blood and One Commitment! I highly recommend it!

Normally I would wait a bit more with this but I got bored so... Here's Chapter 8

Enjoy ;)

*****************

Alpha Ericson made a coughing noise like he had just inhaled his own spit or something and apparently he was not prepared for the questions to be turned onto him.

When he could finally speak again he asked me, "Why?"

Once more I glossed over the truth and said I had merely heard a rumor about her.

Alpha Ericson took a pause. "No, she doesn't live here anymore."

I was both relived and frustrated. I didn't have to worry about ripping her throat out with my bare hands but I didn't even get half an opportunity to relieve this hatred.

I tried to mask my emotions to the best of my abilities and act uninterested, "Okay."

Years of insecurities were piling up and left my scalp prickling with the possibility that he was lying. Would he do that though? Would he lie for her? She had manipulated my father, who's to say she hasn't done the same to the Alpha? The Alpha is forever loyal to his Luna, but my father was loyal to my mother as well to the point of insanity and she manipulated that bond. She could always do it again.

I would have to ask around. Of course never in the vicinity of the alpha though.

I picked up the audio book and held it up. "I guess I'll go download this," I smiled at him and could sense the tension in the air surrounding him.

I walked back up to Gypsy's room and did as I had claimed I would but my mind was still dwelling on Bella. What if she was the key to getting my wolf back. I had come to terms with everything that had happened but I never felt satisfied because I knew she was still there. I used to be jealous of her because she had all the wolves panting after her at such a young age, even Caleb.

That was it! Caleb! He must know what happened to her and of all people I still don't think he's put two and two together. He would know exactly what happened to her and probably where she was. And to think she was always gloating about having the next Alpha queuing up to be with her. Not so wonderful now is it?

The sinister thoughts in my head did nothing to stop the smile spreading across my lips and curling them back in primal pleasure. I could already taste her blood in my tongue and the twinges of happiness in my belly increased with every imagined splatter of her blood in my skin. I needed a spoon or something to quell the craving for blood before I actually went outside and tried to kill something.

I sprinted back to the kitchen―probably not the smartest thing to do― and grabbed a spoon. I popped it into my mouth and sighed, coming off my high. I had to be more careful to not think about Bella so much. Although it was pleasurable, my bloodlust scared me. I could snap one day and become a murderer. The only person I wanted dead was Bella though.

I turned to head back into Gypsy's room but bumped into some one along the way.

"Why do you have a spoon in your mouth?" Blake asked.

"Because I feel like it," I said and would have definitely stuck my tongue out if it wasn't for said spoon.

"You are so strange."

"So I've been told," I said though at came out a bit more like, "tho I've bin sthold."

Blake sighed and I heard his footsteps leave the room. It was a strange cameo appearance but it certainly distracted me from my cravings and I spat the spoon out, the metallic flavor no longer welcome.