Chapter 20

A/N: Get ready for it! It's a new Chapter! Please Vote COMMENT and fan if you like it!

************************************************

I woke up burning and tingling all over. I had no idea what time it was but I didn't hear any movement in the house. The loudest noise was the sound of breathing right next to my ear. I sniffed a little and smelled Caleb's scent and a faint whiff of pizza. Someone needed to brush his teeth.

Someone needed to get off my back―literally.

"Caleb," I mumbled into the pillow. There was no response so I tried again and nudged him with my hip, accidentally bumping into… something. Again? Really?

I growled out his name again, a little more awake now and I felt him tense just the barest breath but it was enough to tell me he was awake and faking his sleep.

"Get of now," I threatened.

"Yes ma'am," he said in a tight voice and rolled away. I shivered from loss of contact and he came close again and covered me with just his arm. He was still a bit excited but at least it wasn't touching me. His only tell was his hormones. I wouldn't say it but I preferred him close, I just wish I did not have to suffer from the smell of his hormones. Mine were enough to torment me I didn't need his practically begging me to give up my pride and jump him.

So I settled for lying as still and tense as a rock. Caleb on the other hand couldn't keep still and was wriggling closer every second. Every vibration, every tingle of heat from friction coursed up my back and taunted me. Caleb sucked in a slow breath between his teeth, making a small hissing noise.

"If it's that uncomfortable then don't stay here," I said with narrowed eyes.

Caleb let out a short huff, "Will you just shut up and relax. At least pretend you're enjoying this," he said exasperated.

He didn't seem to be getting this, "I can't relax."

"Then shut up."

I flipped myself around so we were facing. "Make me."

Caleb took that as a blatant invitation and he pressed his lips against mine. It was short and I was shocked and when he pulled away I held my disappointment at bay. "That wasn't what I meant," I said curtly.

"I know," he said a little bit breathlessly and without pause went back to my lips. I couldn't keep my head from spinning. I couldn't think rationally and when it was over I blamed it on the hormones.

It must've only been ten minutes but the way my body was on fire made it hard to focus. I wanted my clothes off but I couldn't do that. We only kissed. Kissing does not warrant stripping Eden. It does not warrant stripping.

I pushed myself a little bit away from him but stayed close enough that we were still touching.

"I need air," I gasped. Half of me was joking to lighten the mood but the other half really needed to breathe.

Caleb pulled me closer, "Who needs air?"

"Clearly you do," I said pushing against his chest, "If that question is any indication."

It was getting stuffy in such close proximity and the only options I had were continue and find myself in a pool of sweat-covered regret, or separate myself from this lust-filled boy and cuddle up with an air conditioner instead. That air conditioner was getting more appealing with each wave of hormones hitting my nose when faced with what would undoubtedly be shame and regret at the end.

It took more of a struggle than I expected but five minutes later I was sitting cross-legged and hugging the air conditioner. Caleb remained on the bed whining about how he just wanted to cuddle with me. I would have sworn he was intoxicated but there was no scent of alcohol on his breath. Was this what a heat did to male wolves when they spent too much time near a wolf in heat without getting any or was this unique to Caleb?