Chapter 11

Okay, new chapter! I'm feeling really special with all of your comments and votes and even reads you loveable silent readers! It's okay, I'm a silent reader too :) I'm still writing and I thought it was about time you got to read some of it!

Her you are! Vote Fan and or COMMENT!!

p.s. you will hate me in a bit

*******

Gypsy entered her room about an hour after the call with Heather.

"You have your meeting. Three pm in the library," she said. I nodded my head. I had no idea what time it was now or how to find out when three pm was so I decided to just sit in the library until the rest of them showed up.

But of course, what would this tumultuous week be if I could have a few hours to sit there and do nothing right?

At least that's what I thought when Caleb's forest-like scent seeped into the library.

I couldn't keep the annoyance out of my voice when I greeted him. I was intending to be left alone until absolutely necessary. I must have been the only one who felt that way.

Caleb didn't respond and continued into the library until he was seated directly in front of me on a coffee table or something.

I didn't hear any movement so when the back of Caleb's finger brushed down my eyelid I jerked back on the couch.

"What?" I asked, pressing myself into the couch and away from his outstretched hand, wherever it may be.

"You act like a skittish puppy," he observed amused.

I pursed my lips and narrowed my eyes at him. This time it wasn't malicious or vindictive or any of the other expressions I've been sporting recently.

Even though it came at my expense it felt nice to be on a lighter topic.

"I am not," I denied.

"Yeah yeah, sure you're not," he said and I could hear his mirth.

The couch sank as Caleb moved to sit next to me.

"So what are you doing in here?" he asked.

"Waiting for three pm to roll around so I can have that meeting I requested," I said on a sigh.

"Why did you want a meeting?" he asked.

"Inquisitive today aren't we? Well the reason has changed but I need to know if my sister can come stay."

"You have a sister?"

"Yep."

"You do know that you're not their favorite person and you will have to answer questions you won't want to, right?"

"I'm not five, I know that. They have questions to answer too though."

"Why do you have scars on your eyelids?" he asked. He wasn't the first person to ask me that. Apparently I had faint thin silver lines all over my eyelids. It really was a miracle they healed that much without my wolf. They were shredded before.

I decided to ignore him. I knew I would have to face this when three O'clock came but somehow it felt like telling Caleb was so much more personal than telling a bunch of old goons who only cared to know if it would affect the pack.

"You know, you're tears still run red sometimes, like you're bleeding," he said and I froze in my seat. I stayed silent but he continued, "When you were attacking me, you were crying," I didn't remember that, "And I thought something had happened to your eyes until I realized." Caleb sounded so sincere. He sounded like he really cared for me, and that alone nearly brought me to tears.