Chapter 23 Final Chapter

A/N: Wow. Good morning everyone. I'm proud to say that at 1:30 am this morning I finsihed the final chapter of See For Me. I know it's taken far longer than it should have but I am very pleased with the result although some of you might hate me (I hope not).

Since I wrote most of it this morning in an inspired frenzy I do hope you'll cut me some slack for what is is probably a slew of grammar errors and mispellings. Now that the rough draft is finished some heavy duty editing will begin and you might all have to read it again cuz who knows how it will change!

Anyway I'll let you start reading now. Thanks for your continued support :) Love you all!

***********************************

As frustrating as it was, as the summer air cooled around me I realized this was not working. I was not getting anywhere closer to shifting, and I wasn't sure if I was relieved or not.

A part of me didn't want to know if I was Caleb's mate. If I couldn't shift then I could leave this place and easily convince myself that I wasn't Caleb's mate. I could go back to my family the way I had planned. But I promised. I wasn't going to spend my last five weeks avoiding the disappointment I was sure to get when I gave up and decided I wasn't even going to try to find the truth.

I was all alone in the backyard sitting cross-legged in the grass resting my head in my hands. Why couldn't I do this again? Why did my wolf have to go crawling back into whatever shadow she had hidden herself in? It was just . . . frustrating.

From behind me the glass door slid open and I stiffened.  

"Any progress?" Caleb asked.

I bit my lip, "No."

"Maybe you should take your mind off it," he suggested sitting next to me.

"How?"

"Well, I finally saw you naked," he joked.

"Lucky you," I said flatly. I honestly didn't care anymore. Besides, that means he saw Bella naked too. Not really lightening my mood.

"I know you're having trouble―"

"Trouble? Please, trouble makes it seem like I can start and then hit a road block. I can't even start. I try and I just end up standing there while squeezing my eyes closed. I probably look constipated!"

Caleb chuckled and put his arm around me, pulling me to his side. "It's okay if you don't find out today. There's no big rush. We could do this like normal people, the whole falling in love thing instead of being chemically forced to be with someone. "

"You must be joking," I scoffed, "Yes, it's lucky they get to make the choice themselves, but this is different. You can see, and if it isn't me I will have to leave. And those alphas in there aren't going to wait for us to fall in love."

Caleb sighed and lied back on the grass. "I know . . . I know. I just feel like it's you, so it doesn't matter if our eyes connect."

"You sound like a girl," I laughed.

"Well you're sitting there and acting rational so someone has to remind you that there are emotions involved."

"I know there are emotions. But you have to admit this whole Alpha-Luna thing is a bit of a business deal. It's political. It's not just I love you, you love me, let's make babies!"

"You want to make babies with me?"

"No!"

"Yep didn't think so," he said. "We should go in― my mom is worrying about you."