Chapter 13

Wow, chapter 13 already... and still no where near over!!!!! I made it to 100 word document pages but of course I haven't posted that much :P *Teehee* I started school today.... fun.... I have two writing classes though so hopefully it won't keep me from writing see for me or my new joint project with _BRINK_ which you can find in my library titled The Skeleton in My Closet. No posts for that just yet but we're getting there. Hopefully you'll also see my writing improving in the next month and so on!! If you do, I hope you drop a comment!!! I also have lots of art classes and if anyone's interested my deviantart account is the external link :) That was long winded so I'll let you get to reading! Vote COMMENT and fan if you wish to! :D

**************************

It was scary, but I felt like waking up in Caleb's embrace was definitely something I could get used to. He was sleeping, I could tell. I snuggled sleepily into his warm form. The air conditioning was on a bit high and my exposed shoulders were a bit cold. I reached out a bit and my fingers made contact with Caleb's bare skin. He wasn't wearing a shirt. No reason to freak out but still mildly annoying.

I don't want fluttery feelings around him.

I cleared my head― and my stomach― and poked him in the shoulder. I must admit he had nice arm muscles.

He groaned a bit and tightened his arms around me so I was nearly squished against his bare chest. I struggled to put my hands between us. I pressed my palms against his chest and pushed but he wouldn't budge.

"You are so awake. Release me!" I ordered. Maybe waking up in his arms wouldn't be a nice thing if I had to be squished every morning.

Caleb just grumbled a bit more and snuggled closer to me, tangling our legs. My stomach made a little volcanic eruption: it quivered and splattered hot lava through my veins. I could feel myself blushing from frustration and, I will admit, my proximity to his naked chest might have had something to do with it.

"Release!" I barked again.

Finally Caleb lifted his head from its resting place atop mine.

"Do you really have to yell?" he asked.

"Yes! What time is it? Better yet, what day?" I asked.

Caleb raised his head from the pillow and dropped it back down, "Four am, June fifth."

"Shit!" I exclaimed and bolted out of his arms. I maneuvered myself to the edge of the bed and walked straight with my hands outstretched.

"Wrong way," Caleb said lazily.

I huffed and put my hands on my hips. "The least you could do is bring me to the door," I pointed out.

"Just come back to bed," he said. Although I was shivering, and yes the bed was warm, I wasn't going to do that again. I had already slept through yesterday and Heather was soon going to be upon us.

But his word choice certainly was something.

"My sister will be here very soon. I need to get ready. Please Caleb," I begged and pulled out my specialized puppy face.

I heard the sheets shift and roll and his footsteps hit the ground. He tugged on my wrist and led me to the door.

I lifted a hand to the door and Caleb caught it. I turned my head to face him and ask him to let me go but something in the air had changed. It felt charged somehow.

Suddenly I felt his breath on my lips and he sucked in my exhale as he retreated.

Was that the silence before a kiss? I would have to remember that.