Chapter 6

I'm home!!!!! Ok, not yet, I'm still in San Francisco at the moment but I'm in the US. Honestly... I so wish I wasn't. Japan was amazing!!! I mean I would miss my friends, family, pets, and internet connection but I had a great time! Anyway!! I didn't do much writing but you lucky duckys finally get your update!!! Here's the latest chapter! Love you all!

and P.S. to those of you who I haven't thanked yet for voting, fanning, or favoriting: THANK YOU!!! It really means the world to me when after three weeks of technological isolation I come back to find that people still read what I wrote!

**********************

Recap:

After a thorough stuffing of the faces, Gypsy and I retired to our room where I fell asleep with thoughts of shirtless men on my mind and a yearning to see the people around me for the first time since losing my sight.

Chapter 6:

Morning showers and I had sort of a … love hate relationship. I like getting clean. I hate waking up. I trudged out of my bed and grabbed an outfit out of one of the bags Caleb had so kindly thrown on the floor while we were at dinner. I entered the communal bathroom and fumbled my toiletries bag as I entered one of the shower stalls.

I twisted the knob a little too much and jumped against the door to avoid the scalding rain. Not a spectacular way to start my day. I set it to an acceptable temperature and let it soak my hair. It reached down to my tail bone already. I used the 3D stickers I put on every item in my toiletries bag to tell me which were the shampoo conditioner and body wash.

I was half way through lathering my hair with shampoo when a door banged open and someone stormed in.

"Hello?" I asked tentatively.

"Now is not the time," Gypsy voice rang through the steam.

I considered shutting up but my curiosity was getting to me. "Did something happen with Blake?" I ventured.

She sneered. "Oh, it wasn't Blake! It was that idiot brother of mine!" she laughed cruelly. "'Oh, I couldn't help myself, she is in heat' ha! Like I give a crap!" she mimicked Caleb's low voice poorly but obviously whatever he said made no difference.

"What's this about?" I asked. The shampoo was all out of my hair and now I was working in my conditioner. Gypsy had taken the stall next to mine and had turned the shower on.

Gypsy slapped the wall that our stalls shared and I jumped in surprise, "And then he had the gall to say the Blake wouldn't be able to resist either!" she snarled outraged.

This time I slapped the wall, abandoning the task of washing my body to get her to focus. "What is this about?" I repeated forcefully.

"Sara!" she screeched. "That girl entered heat and now she's wagging her tail in all the guys' faces! By the end of her heat there won't a virgin male over twelve in the pack!" she continued ranting.

"And Caleb slept with her, and said Blake would too…" I worked out.

"Yes!"

"I didn't think they finished in the car…" I said. Now I was leaning on the wall between us, by the sound of it, Gypsy was too.

"If they did they went for a second round. It was last night! Didn't you hear it?"

"No―"

"They were pounding it all night long! Right across the hall! How do you sleep through that?" she asked in disbelief.

"Whatever, I'm just happy I didn't hear them going at it," I said and resumed washing.

"You know what?" Gypsy asked, her voice lowering to a secretive whisper, "I think the phrase 'they went at it like dogs' wasn't just a phrase."