43

Alana's POV

I fluffed my hair, which had been previously curled with a curling iron, taming it a bit in the large mirror that hung above the sinks in the master bathroom. The red devil horned headband that laid on the bathroom counter was placed on top of my head and a bright red lipstick was applied to my lips to compliment the horns and the red flowing dress that went down to my feet. I strapped on the red, open-toed heels that I had bought the other day and walked out of the bathroom to go wake up Shawn in the bedroom.

I knelt down next to the queen-sized bed and carefully brushed a strand of his curly hair out of his eyes. "Good morning, angel" I whispered, softly. "It's time to wake up"

His eyes fluttered open and then squinted as he was getting adjusted to the sudden brightness. "Satan, is that you?" Shawn said, groggily.

I playfully smacked his chest. "Come on. It's Halloween!" I bounced excitedly, still knelt down next to the bed, my dress pooled around me.

"Alright, alright! I'm getting up. Why are you so excited?" He started to slowly sit up in the bed and I stood up from the floor to go to the closet.

"Because" I started, opening the closet door and pulling out Shawn's outfit. "It's my favorite holiday besides Christmas of course"

I laid the ensemble down on the bed in front of him. It consisted of white jeans, a white tank top that would be under a white, satin long-sleeved button up, and a little halo attached to a headband to top it all off.

"You really went all out with the costumes"

"Eh, it's nothing" I shrugged. "Tiffany helped me out"

Shawn picked up his outfit from the bed and brought it with him to the bathroom. I, on the other hand, went downstairs and prepared breakfast. I made some pancake mix and put it into a clear squeeze bottle then turned on the stove and began squeezing the pancake mixture out into the pan to form into the shape of spider webs.

I put the pancakes onto a separate platter then began making sunny side up eggs. I put two together on a plate, creating the shape of a pair of eyes, then placed single olives on the yolk part and lines of ketchup on the whites of the eggs to represent the look of red, veiny eyes. I also made a side of bacon to eat.

"Mmmm that smells delicious" I turned off the stove and turned around with the plate of bacon in my hand to Shawn looking incredible in his outfit. "What do you think?" He spun around, his hands raised to the ceiling.

"You look like an angel" I grinned. I set the bacon down next to the pancakes and eggs then sat down at the counter stool next to Shawn. He began digging into his plate of eggs, bacon, and pancakes. He finished his bite and was about to speak but decided to take another bite

"You okay over there, Mendes?" I chuckled.

"Mmm" He responded, his mouth still full of food. He finished what was in his mouth and spoke. "This is really really good" He pointed towards the food.

"Thanks" I grinned, taking a bite of my plate. Silence consumed the kitchen as we both finished our breakfast. I placed all of the leftover food in Tupperware containers and the dirty dishes in the sink. I closed the refrigerator door and turned around to see Shawn with a pair of gloves, beginning to wash the dishes.

"I was going to do that you know" I stated.

"No, you don't have to. You already made breakfast. Just go relax or something" He used his gloved hand to swoosh me away. I sat back down on the counter stool which was directly in front of the sink that Shawn was washing dishes at. I set my elbow on top of the counter and rested my chin on my hand whilst watching Shawn wash the dishes.