35

Alana's POV

Tiffany, Shawn's stylist, took a measuring tape and measured my waist, torso, and took my height. As she measured quietly, she also wrote down the measurements on a tiny notepad.

"You don't have to be so quiet, you know" She chuckled.

"I'm sorry. I'm just kinda nervous. I've never done this before"

"You're going to do great. Walking down the carpet is always scary the first time but you have nothing to worry about because you are going to look beautiful"

It was currently August which means that the VMAs, the MTV Video Music Awards, were right around the corner and Shawn wanted me to join him on the carpet. I was getting my measurements taken by Tiffany so she could have a dress fitted for me.

Shawn and I decided to coordinate our outfits to match. He was going to wear an emerald green suit and I was going to wear a long, emerald green v-neck dress with spaghetti straps and a split at the leg area.

The award show was in a couple of days and was being held in New York. Shawn and I were going to go on a flight tomorrow to go to New York City from Canada then afterwards, we were going to go to California for Layla's fifth birthday party.

Tiffany made one last mark on her paper. "Alrighty. I think we're all done here"

"Thanks so much, Tiffany. I really appreciate it"

"Of course! Anything for you. You've always been so kind to me which makes me so happy that Shawn is marrying you"

I smiled at her then grabbed my things to get ready to go back home to start packing for the trip.

---------------

"How long are we going to be gone again?" I asked Shawn as I hauled my black suitcase on to the queen sized bed besides Shawn's.

"Two weeks at most" Shawn said loudly from the bathroom. "Majority of the trip is going to be spent in California"

I nodded my head despite the fact that he couldn't see me. I started pulling articles of clothing from the closet and the drawers, placing them into the suitcase. Shawn came out of the bathroom and started putting clothes into his grey suitcase that was already half full.

He pulled out the red "dress" that Elle forced me to bring the first time I went to Toronto. He lifted it up, bringing it closer to my direction. "Can I recommend this piece of clothing for the trip" He smirked.

"Interesting choice. I'm going to have to say no" I pouted.

"What?" He frowned. "Why?"

"We are staying at my parents house. I don't think we want to do anything there"

He made a face of disgust. "Good point"

I chuckled, shaking my head, putting more clothes into my suitcase. Shawn did the same but abruptly stopped before putting a black silk button-up into his suitcase.

"In that case" Shawn put down the shirt. "Maybe we should. You know" He shrugged his shoulders, smirking.

I grinned, scrunching my nose. "Very tempting, love bug. But we're scrunched on time and we need to pack"

"Alright" He frowned once again.

He continued to pack his clothes and I went into the bathroom to pack some toiletries. I bent my knees to reach the white cabinet underneath the sink to grab some travel-sized shampoo and body wash. I put them in a small bag, zipped it up, then stood up to go back to the bedroom but was interrupted from doing so.