48

Alana's POV

I was home again at my parents' house in California. Shawn was currently back on tour and he was performing in Amsterdam right now.  Everyone was still at work or running errands so it was just me at home. I was watching television in the living room when my phone started buzzing and Elle's caller ID flashed on my screen.

My heart started to beat more quickly than usual. I haven't spoke to Elle since she and her boyfriend accused me of hitting on him. I decided to answer the phone.

"Hello?" I asked, placing the call on speaker.

"Hey Alana" Elle's voice sounded somber. "Is there any chance you're home?"

"You've called at the right time. I'm at my parents' house. Why?"

"I need to talk to you" Her voice sounded small. "I'm outside"

I hung up the phone, walked to the front door, and looked out the peephole. Sure enough, Elle was standing outside wearing a grey cardigan and some leggings. I slowly opened the door.

"Hey" I said.

"Hi" She gave me a small smile. "Mind if I come in?"

"Sure, come in. How are you?" I closed the door and led her to the couch where we sat side by side.

"I wanted to apologize for everything" She placed her hands on her lap. "I don't know why I didn't believe you when I knew I should have"

"Did something happen with Timothy?"

She nodded. "About a month ago. He cheated on me with some girl in New York"

"I'm so sorry, Elle"

"No. You have nothing to be sorry about. I don't know why I didn't see it coming. He was too good to be true"

I didn't know what to do at this point. It's been more than half a year since Elle dropped me for her boyfriend. This girl who was once my best friend now feels like a stranger to me.

"I heard you and Shawn got married a couple weeks ago. Congratulations. You looked beautiful"

"Thank you" I smiled. "It was weird not having you there"

She gave me a small smile then looked down to the floor. "I think I should be going now. It was good catching up with you" She stood up and I led her back to the front door.

She was on the porch then turned back around. "I'm sorry again, Alana. I know we're not as good of friends as we used to be and I hope we can go back to that"

"Sure thing" I solemnly smiled and closed the door as she left. A sort of rumbling in my stomach caught me off guard and I felt something rise in my stomach. I ran to the bathroom and ended up puking my lunch into the toilet.

The sudden anxiousness from Elle calling me and her talking to me must have stressed out my digestive system. I wiped my mouth with a napkin then flushed the toilet and went back outside to continue the show I was watching.

—————————-

"Honey. Wake up" My mom softly patted the top of my head to wake me up.

"Mmm. Hi mom. What time is it?" I fell asleep on the couch while watching the Office earlier.

"It's almost five pm. What time did you fall asleep?"

"Around one I think?" I put my hand on my forehead as I sat up. "I feel kinda dizzy"

"Are you alright? Are you sick?" She asked, her concerned motherly voice showing through.