9

Alana's POV

I heard the door downstairs open and someone walking up the stairs, butterflies in my stomach. Finally, the bedroom door opened.

I looked at Shawn, smiling and he looked back at me, in shock. He dropped whatever he was holding, it looked like a small bag, and ran over to the bed, engulfing me in a bear hug. I laughed, hugging back. "What are you doing here? How are you here?" He asked, not letting go.

Being crushed by his weight, I tried responding but was out of breath from laughing. He got up and I regained my oxygen.

"Do you really think I would miss your birthday? Andrew called, he brought me here" He looked around at the candles then decided to rest, sitting up, against his pillows. I followed his actions, laying next to him. He looked over at me and smiled. "I can't believe you're here"

"Honestly. Neither can I"

"Have you brought your stuff up?"

"Oh" I sat up. "It's downstairs in the living room. I'll go get it"

"No" Shawn stood up. "You stay right there and rest. I'll get it"

He started leaving the room and I jumped up from the bed to stop him. "Shawn! I'll get it"

He looked at me and smirked. He started running down the stairs to the living room. "Hey!" I yelled, running after him. "It's not fair. You have longer legs"

He got to the living room before me and saw the large wrapped box that contained his guitar. He looked at me questionably. "Did you get me a gift?"

"Guilty as charged" I said, putting my hands up.

"You know you didn't have to get me anything. You being here is more than enough"

"I know. But I promise. You're going to like this one. I was going to have you open it tomorrow but do you wanna open it right now?"

"Yes" He said, eagerly. He lifted the box, resting it on the coffee table and sitting down on the soft, plush couch. I sat down next to him. He began stripping the box of the wrapping paper and opened the box until all he saw was the guitar case. "A guitar? Alana these are so exp-"

"Shush. Just finish opening it"

He opened the case to reveal the blue electric guitar. He looked from me to the guitar in shock. "Alana"

"Shawn" I said, grinning.

"How did you find this?"

"It was at my local music store"

He stayed silent for a second then spoke up. "These are so expensive"

I shook my head. "Nothing has a price when it comes to you" He looked at me again, leaned over, cupping my face in his hands. "Can I kiss you?" He asked, looking from my eyes to my lips.

"Go for it" He leaned it a bit closer, closing the space. It was like the first time. Soft, gentle, heart-fluttering.

He sat back up again. "Thank you. So much. You're an absolute angel. I don't know what I did to deserve you"

I smiled at that as I watched him take out the guitar and pluck a couple of the strings. He looked at the clock and said "It's getting kinda late. We should probably go upstairs"

"Sure" I responded.

Shawn went over to my suitcase and carried it all the way upstairs with me following behind him. He laid the suitcase on the bed. "I figured you can hang up some of your clothes in the closet if you want"