26

Alana's POV

"Alana. You need to get out of this bed"

I was under the white comforters that were on my bed, eyes puffy, trying to ignore the rest of the world.I felt a pair of hands grab onto my shoulders, shaking me softly. "Alana. You can't stay here forever"

I groaned, pressing my face against the white fluffy pillow. "Elena. Please leave me alone"

"I'm not going to let my little sister sulk for the rest of her life. It's been a week, Alana. You need to move on" I felt as she sat near the foot of my bed by my legs.

"I need time alone, please. That's all I'm asking, Elena"

"Fine" I felt her stand up. "I'm going to leave you here to sulk in the dark. I'm going to Mom and Dad's"

"Have fun" I mumbled, sticking my hand out of the comforter to reach for my phone on the nightstand. I decided to order some food since I haven't eaten anything yet. After doing this, I put my phone back and just closed my eyes, allowing myself to rest against the fluffy pillows.

Around thirty minutes later, I heard the sound of my doorbell ringing. I got up out of bed, looking like I mess, and walked to the front door, opening it to pay for the food. I looked up at the tall figure standing outside on my porch, holding my food.

We stared at each other until I finally spoke up. "Who gave you the right to come here?"

"Alana" The person I've missed yet despised for the past week motioned the food towards me. I grabbed it, setting it down on the floor.

I looked up at his eyes, they were all red and puffy. "Please answer my question, Shawn. I don't have all day"

"I- I needed to see you"

"And for what reason?" I leaned against the door, the feeling of sadness consuming my insides.

"I just wanted to say that I'm sorry, for everything"

"Mmm. Yeah. I don't want to hear it. Which is why, I'm going to close the door now and bring my food to bed with me. Oh" I reached into my pocket. "Here's the money for the food"

I started to close the door but Shawn put his hand out to prevent it from closing. I took a deep breath, tears starting to form in my eyes. "Please. Don't make this any harder than it already is" 

"Just let me in"

"Why?" I crossed my arms against my chest. "Why would I do that?"

He brought his right hand through his hair. "Because I hate seeing you like this"

I looked at him, dazed by his answer. "You" I brought my pointer finger to his chest. "Are the reason why I look like this. Why I've spent the past week in bed, feeling the most hurt I've ever felt in my life. You have no right to tell me that you don't like seeing me like this when you are the person who caused it" I took a breath, bringing my hand down. I looked across the street and saw that my neighbor was looking at the whole situation. I grabbed his arm, pulling him in. 

"You're letting me in?" He asked surprised.

"Yes. Only because the neighbor across the street was looking at us" I grabbed the paper bag on the floor, bringing it with me to the couch. I took out the contents of the bag. A steak burrito with rice, sour cream, cilantro, salsa, and beans, wrapped in foil. Shawn sat down on the other side of the couch. 

I unwrapped the burrito, taking a bite out of it. Shawn spoke up. "You don't understand how sorry I am, Alana"

I sighed, looking over at him. "No matter how many times you say sorry, it doesn't change the fact that you did it" Tears started to fill his eyes. This worried me because I have never seen him this heartbroken before.