5

Alana's POV

I finally got to my apartment and placed my bags next to the next to the kitchen counter. I took off my shoes and let my body fall on the couch in the living room which was connected to the kitchen. I took my phone out of the pocket of my jacket and saw that I had 50 unread messages and ten missed phone calls from my best friend, Elle.

Hmm. I wonder what her problem is.

I was about to open her messages when I heard someone ringing the doorbell and pounding on the door. I walked to the door, looked out the peephole, and saw that it was Elle. I opened the door and she barged in, shouting, "OH. MY GOSH. FINALLY. YOU FINALLY GIVE ME ATTENTION."

"I'm sorry? What?"

"YOU SPEND THE DAY WITH THE PERSON THAT YOU HAVE BEEN OBSESSED WITH SINCE FOREVER AND YOU DIDN'T BOTHER TO EVEN CALL ME? DO I NOT EXIST?"

"Wait. How did you know?"

"How did I know? HOW DID I KNOW?" She pulled out her phone and showed me a news article with a picture attached of Shawn and I at the garden.

"WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME? IS THAT EVEN YOU? THE ALANA I KNOW WOULD PROBABLY BE DEAD BY NOW."

I grabbed her hand and took her to the couch so we could be more comfortable while I told her everything.

"I can explain." I said, softly.

"YOU BETTER."

I then proceeded to tell her the story of how I forgot my phone, the night at the café, and how we spent the day together.

"Wow". She said. "That's. Insane. An actual fairytale"

"Mhm"

"And you have his number?"

"Yeah"

"Well. Are you going to call and ask him about the photos?"

"Why would I?"

"Umm. I don't know? So you could have a conversation, get married, and have babies. Why else?"

"Are you crazy?"

"No, Alana. I'm not. I'm just being a supportive mother and telling you what's best for you."

"Yeah. You are crazy. And besides, I don't think he likes me like that."

She gave me a look that said "I'm really about to punch you right now."

"If he didn't like you, then why would he invite you to the show tomorrow?"

"Um. To be nice?"

She nodded her head. "Where's your phone?'

"Why?"

"Give it to me"

"No"

"Alana. I swear to you. If you don't give me your phone, I will tackle you"

I looked at her for a second then quickly ran to the bedroom but wasn't fast enough as I felt Elle climb on my back, reaching her hands into my pocket, and grabbing my phone.

"ELLE"

She quickly ran away to the living room and pressed the button that would call Shawn. I looked her and the phone, hearing the horrid sound of the ringer. "I. Am going. To kill you later"

"You'll be thanking me later"

"Ha. Ha" I said sarcastically.

"Hello?" I heard Shawn's voice coming out from the phone. "Alana?"