22

Alana's POV

"Ooooo she'll take your name and number then she'll hit erase, and walk away" I was listening to Particular Taste on the plane, my eyes beginning to shut close. Shawn and I were on our way to Hawaii, a week before my cousin's wedding, since I needed to get my bridesmaid dress fitted.

I felt a hand press on my phone along with a soft chuckle. Then, a hand held the side of my head as a kiss was planted on the top of it.

A smile creeped on my lips. I heard Shawn say, "Can't ever get enough of me, can you?"

My eyes opened and I saw Shawn, to the right of me, smirking. "You can't ever take a girl away from her favorite music"

I leaned my head against his shoulder, falling asleep.

----------

A sudden rumbling underneath me caused me to wake up. I gasped, surprised by all the movement, and felt a hand caress my arm in comfort.

"Shhh. Honey, it's alright. I'm here"

I opened my eyes and placed my hand on Shawn's, squeezing it a bit. The light of the sun rising shown through the window, illuminating Shawn's face with an orange tint.

"Did you have a good sleep?" He asked me.

"Yes, I did. Did you get any?"

"Mhm" He brought my right hand to his lips, planting a kiss on it.

We got our stuff from the overhead compartment and went off the plane. The second we got off, leis were placed on our necks. I got a pink one and Shawn got a blue one. We grabbed our suitcases and had an Uber bring us to our temporary home for the next week. Shawn and I decided that we should go all out on this trip and stay in a private villa.

We got to the villa, the sun fully up now. We brought our stuff down and entered the house. The moment you step inside, there is an open floor plan, the living room closest to you which is connected to the kitchen and the family room. At the far right of the large room was a door that led to the bedroom which also had a large bathroom connected to it. The whole back wall of the house was made of glass and had a large sliding doors that led you to the porch which had a hot tub and access to the beach.

The sand looked super soft and clean while the water was a bright, light blue. "It's so pretty here" I spoke up, speechless.

Shawn walked up next to me by the window, sliding and arm around my neck, leaning his head on top of mine. "Yes. But not as pretty as you"

I smiled, softly chuckling. "Will you ever not be cheesy, Mendes?"

"I don't know, Sinclair. I'm just speaking facts"

I turned towards him, putting my arms around his neck. I grinned at him and planted a soft kiss on his lips. He went back in, more passionately this time. He pulled away for a second, mumbling, "Jump". I did as I was told and he quickly carried me, my legs wrapping around his waist. He walked us toward the bedroom, laying me down softly on the white comforter on the bed. He was about to take off my grey hoodie when my phone started ringing in my pocket. Shawn crashed, laying in the spot next to me. "Do you have to answer it?"

I pulled out my phone and showed him the screen. It was Elena, my sister. "Kinda, yeah" I pressed the green button on the screen, putting it on speaker.

"Hello?" I asked.

"Alana! Are you here yet?"

"Yeah. What's up?"

"We're about to go in for the dress fitting. Give me your address and I'll pick you up"

"Okay, cool. Sounds like a plan!" I hung up the phone, looking over at Shawn. "Sorry, love. Looks like you're going to have to be patient"