50

Alana's POV

Month 2 of pregnancy. Shawn and I are in London right now, meeting with a doctor for another ultrasound. The doctor moved the probe around my jelly-coated belly while I laid, sat up on the examiners bed.

"Let me just turn up the volume and listen to see if we can hear anything" The doctor turned a knob on a machine. A loud, constant beat started to play and encapsulated the entire room. "That's your baby"

I looked over at Shawn who was sitting on a stool next to me and he reached over and squeezed my hand.

The doctor took her pen and used it to point at the screen. "There it is. The baby is about the size of a raspberry and it's starting to develop more human looking parts. There's the head, arms, and legs"

"That's incredible" Shawn spoke.

We looked at the screen for a bit longer and the doctor got some of my blood to run some tests. After a little while, the doctor came back.

"Everything seems to be good. You and the baby are very healthy. There's just one thing I'm concerned about" She turned to Shawn. "You're on tour, right?"

"Yes" Shawn answered.

"I'm worried that the constant moving around will make Alana tired which will then have an effect on the baby. I'd advise that she gets lots of rest as she progresses into the next trimesters"

"Don't worry, Doctor" I spoke. "Tonight's Shawn's last show in Europe so we'll be going home tomorrow"

"Good! You can still go with him from time to time but normally, it's best to just stay back"

———————————-

I was sitting in the airport, waiting for Shawn and I's flight. Shawn was being a sweetheart and grabbing me some snacks, so I was just by myself, listening to music. I thought he had come back because I felt the presence of someone in front of me but when I looked up, it was a random guy with a camera pointed right at me.

"Alana Mendes. How are you today?"

My eyes widened. I didn't know what was going on. "Hi. I'm doing well. I'm sorry but who are you?"

"I work for TMZ. I'm just here to ask you a couple of questions"

"Did somebody call you?" I started feeling a little uncomfortable because the camera was all up in my face.

"That information's confidential. So you and your husband were seen at a beach in France about a couple of days ago, is that correct?"

I stood up and nodded my head, picking up my things. "That's correct. I have a question for you. Why are you asking me questions? I didn't think I was eligible for this" I began walking towards the food court to look for Shawn and the paparazzi followed.

"You're verified on social media and your song was number one for weeks, you're pretty famous in our books"

"I'm flattered. Thank you" I began to walk a bit faster, but the man followed. Why is the food court so far away?

"One last question and I'll leave you"

I stopped. "Sure"

"As I mentioned earlier, you were seen at the beach. People were quick to mention that your belly isn't as toned as it used to be. Any chance you and Shawn are expecting?"

For some reason, this really annoyed me and my fierceness began to jump out. I squinted my eyes a bit. "I think that's totally inappropriate. Just because I may have missed a workout or two doesn't give you the right to assume that someone's pregnant. Maybe I wanted to treat myself and go for that extra slice of pizza. Have you ever thought about that? Would you go to a random lady who may not be 'as toned as you like' and ask her if she's pregnant. No. I didn't think so. Thank you for your time" I walked away and looked for Shawn.