51

Alana's POV

I put on a blush pink, skintight, spaghetti strapped dress and stared at the vertical mirror that hung on the wall of Shawn and I's bedroom. I adjusted the straps and slipped on an oversized jean jacket on top of it. I turned to my side to look at my figure. Four months along, my belly has grown and is definitely very prominent from the side. It's not a huge bump, just a cute round one.

I placed my hand on top and rubbed it a bit. Shawn walked into the room wearing a light denim unbuttoned button up with a white tank top underneath. He went behind me and pressed his hands on top of mine on my belly and rested his chin on my head. "How are my babies?"

"Your babies are doing well. I think th-" I stopped.

"What is it?" Shawn asked, a look of concern on his face.

I could feel a small movement in the middle of my belly. I put my hand out from under Shawn's and guided his to where I felt the movement. Small little kicks could be felt from inside of me.

"Is that the baby?"

"Mhm" I nodded.

Shawn moved away and motioned me towards the bed. "Lie down. Hurry!"

"Sheesh why are you in such a rush?"

"I want to test something"

I laid down as told and Shawn laid belly down, next to me, his face close to my stomach. "Watch" He whispered. He put my hand where the kicks were and there was nothing right now.

"As I start talking" He said in a louder voice. The baby began to kick. I stared at him, seeing where he was getting at.

"As I go quieter" Shawn whispered. "No movement" The baby stopped kicking. "But watch" He said in his normal voice. The baby started kicking again. He smiled and raised his eyebrows at me. "I'm the favorite parent"

I sighed. "I guess you are"

He kissed my belly before he got out of bed and went to my side of the bed. He put his hand out to me like a knight in a movie would. "Let's go my, princess. Time to go to the Stadium of Roger" Shawn said in a British accent.

I chuckled and shook my head, taking his hand.

——————————-

"It's so good to be back here again" Shawn said into his microphone at the piano. He played the chords of Fix You by Coldplay which he plays before In My Blood.

I stood near the steps, watching him, and waited for him to call me up.

"There's just something so magical about playing in front of 53,000 people and I'm so glad that we get to experience that again, tonight" The crowd cheered.

Shawn continued once the cheers quieted down. "Something just as magical and special is happening tonight and you guys will be here to witness it. Alana, honey, please come up"

I walked up the steps and onto the stage, the audience screaming beyond me. I was handed a microphone and sat next to Shawn at the piano. "Hey guys!" I exclaimed into the microphone.

"We have been in the process of making something for the past four months and we finally wanted to share it with you"

I furrowed my eyebrows. "I think that's the wrong words to be using, Shawn. What he was trying to say was that we've been in the process of baking something for the last four months"

"Hm. That's correct. Do you want to show them how far along we are in the baking process?"

"Sure thing" I stood up and went to the front of the stage where a camera zoomed in so the audience could see me from the big screens. I pulled aside my jean jacket so the bump was now visible for all to see. "I guess now all we have to figure out is if the muffin is strawberry or blueberry flavored" I shrugged and the crowd went wild. I smiled and went back to sit down.