20

Shawn's POV

It's been a while since I was able to spend Valentine's Day with a Valentine. With Alana here, I wanted to make sure that today was going to be perfect. I planned the whole day to be filled with fun surprises and heaps of love.

I had a bunch of red roses and rose petals sent to the condo. When they arrived, I signed the bill then put the vase of red roses on the kitchen counter, bringing the box of rose petals upstairs with me to the bedroom. It was pretty early so Alana was still sleeping, the white comforter covering her body. I opened the box and started scattering the roses on the bed, then the floor, leading it to the bathtub. I placed candles around the tub, putting the bubble bath on the counter near the tub.

I went into the studio room to grab the huge, soft brown teddy bear I bought the other day, along with the box of chocolates. I walked back into the bedroom putting them on the bed next to Alana.

Going back downstairs, I went to the living room, turned on the television, and waited for Alana to wake up.

Alana's POV

I feel like every single time I wake up, the sun is in my eyes, but it wasn't today because Shawn decided to close the curtains. Bless that man's soul. I rolled a little to the left so I could cuddle him, but all I felt was a furry, lumpy object along with some crinkling of plastic. I opened my eyes a little wider and saw that there were rose petals scattered all over the bed, going down, and leading to the bathroom.

I sat up, rubbing my eyes, then looked at the scene in front of me. On the bed where Shawn usually slept was a large, light brown teddy bear and in front of it was a box of chocolates in the shape of a heart. I got up from the bed, following the trail of rose petals into the bathroom, and saw that Shawn set up a bath for me, bubbles on the counter next to the tub.

I decided to go look for him, walking out of the bathroom, into the bedroom, and out into the hallway, going down the stairs.

Shawn's POV

I heard soft footsteps walking down the staircase and looked over, seeing Alana, wearing my pastel yellow hoodie as a dress, walking towards me with a warm smile on her face.

"Happy Valentine's Day, love" She said, placing her legs on opposites sides of me and sitting on my lap. She ran her fingers through my hair, bringing her hands to my cheeks, then planting a soft, passionate kiss against my lips.

"Happy Valentine's Day, honey" I smiled into the kiss.

Alana put her hands on my shoulders and rubbed my arms. "This tank top looks really good on you" She smirked.

I chuckled. "Thank you" I was wearing a loose- fitted, striped purple tank top.

"Did you see the surprise I made for you?"

She smiled at me. "Yes, I love the teddy bear, the chocolates, and the bath" She put her hands on my chest then slid them to the back of my neck. "I was thinking that you" She paused, staring passionately into my eyes. "Should come with"

"In the bath?"

She nodded her head. "Mhm"

I wonder where all this feistiness is coming from. I smiled at her. "Alright" She got up from my lap, stretching out her hand for me to take it. I got up, following her up the stairs and into the bathroom. I turned on the water, adding in the bubbles and ended up putting a little too much. The bubbles began to expand at a rapid speed but not enough to overflow the tub.

We took off our clothes, getting into the tub. I was rested on on side of the bathtub while Alana's back rested on my chest. I slid my hands around her stomach, her hands placed on top of mine. She turned her head around to look at me. "I love you" She softly smiled.