55

Alana's POV

The second I could hear the baby crying, she was immediately put into my arms. Tears formed in my eyes as I held her. She's really here.

The nurses took her away to clean her up and made sure everything was going smoothly with her. I was given a new hospital gown and was taken to a new room.

Once we got to the new room, the baby was given to me to hold but this time she was all cleaned up and wrapped in a blanket with a pink beanie on top of her head. I stared at her in pure adoration.

Shawn laid next to me in the bed. "She has your button nose" He whispered.

"And she has your lips" I said in awe.

Elle came back into the room with a clipboard and a pen. "Hey guys. I just needed some information and wanted to give you guys some information as well. So, what's the baby's name?"

I turned my head to look at Shawn. "Do you agree on what we talked about?"

Shawn nodded. "Mhm"

"Her name is Jasmine Elizabeth Mendes" I said.

"Beautiful name" Elle wrote it down. "We did some tests and she's all good and healthy. She's just a little over 7 pounds. When you're ready to rest, we can take her to the nursery"

I thanked her and Elle left the room. "Do you want to hold her?" I asked Shawn.

He looked at me with uncertainty on his face. "Mmm. I don't know. Maybe she should spend some time with you"

"Come on" I urged him. "You're the favorite parent. You need to get over your fear of holding babies. This is your daughter for crying out loud"

"But she's so tiny and fragile. I don't want to risk dropping her"

I brought her closer to Shawn. "Take her"

"Alana, I really can't"

"Take her" I said in a more assertive tone.

"Fine" He caved in. He cradled his arms and I placed Jasmine right into them.

"See" I grinned. "Not so bad, is it?"

"I guess not" He stared at her and smiled. "We made this"

"That we did" I snuggled against Shawn's arm as we both looked at our sleeping baby.

A soft knock on the door interrupted our trance. "Come in" I said.

The door opened and Andrew, Brian, and Connor walked in with a large amount of pink balloons and stuffed animals. "I hope we weren't disturbing anything" Andrew spoke, setting down the balloons.

"What are you guys still doing here?" Shawn asked, astonished. "It's almost midnight"

"Dude" Brian scoffed. "Who do you think we are? You just had your first kid. We had to stay"

Connor had his camera out and he walked nearer to us. "Can I be the first to hold her?"

Shawn nodded his head. "Here" He handed Jasmine to Connor while I took the camera and filmed them.

He rocked her gently. "She looks like Alana"

Brian and Andrew looked over Connor's shoulders and nodded in agreement.

Connor's eyes lit up. "She's waking up"

"Awww" Andrew cooed. "She has Shawn's eyes though". I grinned as I watched the boys watch her in silence.

Things soon took a turn of events when loud shrieking cries came from the baby. Connor handed Jasmine to me and I tried rocking her a bit.

"Maybe she's hungry?" Shawn suggested.