14

We made it to Jake's old Kansas home. He handed me a water bottle, which I gladly took as I was parched. I put my bottle on the counter and went to the bathroom. When I came back I heard Colby talking, "Yeah, no. He's not gonna come with us." I walked into the kitchen where the guys were. "It just sucks. It's not gonna be the same." I grabbed my water bottle as Sam put the camera down and walked over beside me. "What?" I asked, taking a drink of my water. "Corey isn't coming." Colby filled me in. I was a little sad, Corey had become a great friend of mine and I was excited for him to come on a trip with me. "So what do we do?" I asked as everyone sighed. "So this is the actual first video that he's not involved in, right?" Jake asked. "Yeah, I mean, I didn't think he was gonna quit, but he was just like, no, I'm not gonna do it. We called him like three times. We even saw him in Elton's video and he was like, yeah good luck in Kansas, I'm not going." Sam finished with a laugh, "But he sounded like he was pissed off. You know what I mean? Like he wanted to go, but he just couldn't." Colby said. "I mean I'm sure he wanted to go, but he's also like, wow Sam and Colby lied to me." I got a confused look on my face as Sam talked, then he continued, "You know, like last time they promised I was going to do this, like we weren't going to do any rituals or anything. And we ended up doing rituals." My eyes widened I did not want to do any rituals. "We didn't do a ritual though. It was the fire. It was the fire thing it was completely different." Colby said, rubbing his eyes. "Yeah. I think it was like yo if anything crazy happens, I don't want to do it because I didn't want to do it in the first place, but you guys convinced me to. So all I'm saying is we just have to like, prove to him somehow, that we're not haunted. And then maybe he'll like get our trust back. Maybe all that negativity and you know like, him believing, like made it worse. 'Cause you know how like spirits attach themselves to people that believe the most." I nodded, "Yeah." Then Sam continued, "So like at the end of the day, maybe we aren't haunted maybe it was just like our vibe was like too scared. So now that we don't have anyone scared, we can go for it. Wait Kenzie. Are you scared of these things?" Sam asked looking back at me. I shrugged, "I mean, I believe in ghosts 100%. But me being scared, not really, I guess." He nodded, "Okay good." Colby started talking, "Yeah, it was his negative energy, that was you know attracting all the spirits." Sam cut him off, "And if we can prove that to him, and then he can just get rid of all the negative energy, then maybe Corey will come back." Jake cut Sam off, "What if that's dangerous. Like for us, because we don't have anyone to telling us when to stop when we're doing something stupid." I started laughing. "That's true." Sam said, pointing at Jake, "But that's what's going to make this series interesting." Dear God, what did I get myself in to?

        "Hey guys, it's Sam and Colby." Colby said starting the video. "And Jake Webber, cause we're at his house right now." Jake got closer to the camera and kinda hit the whoa, "Skrrttt." I rolled my eyes and laughed. "And joining us for the first time in a haunted video, you probably know her though. Kenzie Norris." I came out from behind Sam, I bit my lip and put up peace signs as I walked toward the camera. "Wow, I don't think I've been introduced with my last name on YouTube before." I said as I laughed, "Kenzie, have you ever been ghost hunting or anything?" Colby asked me. I looked over at him, "No, but I did grow up in a haunted house." Colby and I held eye contact. "How was your house haunted?" Jake asked. "Well, my house was originally a doctor's office, a long ass time ago. But there was a lady ghost that would slam the toilet seat down sometimes if my step dad or brother left it up, and if you walked up the stairs every now and then you would smell old lady perfume, that none of us wore." I explained, as I looked at all the boys their mouths were open. I laughed, "So that's why I'm not scared of them. I grew up with one." Colby laughed. "Okay, well anyway welcome back to the Kansas series. We are back here with not quite the full gang this time. It's kind of sad." Sam said. "No, unfortunately, Corey didn't want to join us this time. He said that uh, he just, he just didn't want to come." Colby said laughing. The camera was going out of focus, "Whoa, did you see that like getting super blurry already?" Sam asked. I nodded, but didn't say anything. "So today, we're here to, without you know the distractions." Sam started talking. I looked over at Jake who was going to town with his water bottle making me laugh a little. "We're here to come back to the very start of everything. Which is Jake's house, where we grew up." I stepped in, "except me." making the group of boys laugh. "We grew up in this house too." Colby said pointing to him and Sam, making me laugh. Jake put his hands out, "This is me casa." The boys started laughing. "We're gonna see if we're haunted guys." Colby started talking, "Guys we were here at one point." He started falling over onto Jake who bumped into be so I about went down. "GET OFF," Jake fake yelled. "We did vine here." Colby said. "I didn't." I said looking at the camera putting my thumbs up. The boys laughed again. "But yeah guys, it's going to be a little bit different without Corey here. We are only coming to Kansas for one sole purpose and that's to show him that we're not haunted, so we can get the whole group back. But he did say if this video get 200,000 likes then he'll come back." Sam said. Jake piped in, "I don't remember him saying that." Then Colby started talking, "I think he did say that." Then I joined in, "Did he say that? I thought he said 300." Sam then talked after me, "He did say that. He did say 300." We all laughed.