29

Kenzie could not read if this girl was shy or if she was hiding something. She gave off a stand-offish demeanor, and Kenzies curiosity grew even more when the guys starting asking her questions. 

"I just know random stuff...that others don't know." 

"Are you going anywhere or doing anything? Like are you alone?" Kenzie asked the girl. 

"Yeah I'm alone, I was just walking around" Jennifer replied. 

"Where are you staying at?" Colby asked Jennifer, causing a ping of jealousy to rise in Kenzie. 

"216." The girl responded, causing the group to trade knowing looks. Seeing as they were just by room 217. 

"If you want, we're out to go on like a trip, like just going around it." Sam invited. 

      Kenzie was upset with the invitation. She did not know what upset her, if it was that she did not know if she could trust the girl, or she had just had jealousy to rise in her due to Colby asking where she was staying. 

"Yeah, I'm down." Jennifer accepted. 

"Do you have any recommendations about where we should go first?" Sam asked. 

      As they continued their conversations, Kenzie began to walk slowly to put some distance between her and the group as she whipped out her phone and sent a text to Kat. 

To: Kitty Kat 

Kat...there is a girl here, we just met her, she's from Kansas...but anyways. Colby asked where she was staying and I got jealous about that first off...but 2nd Sam just invited her on our trip. I just idk, I've been overthinking about Colby all day, and then here's another reason to do so. 

After Kenzie sent the text she heard Jennifer talk about how kids like to mess around on the fourth floor, since that was where the women and children stayed. 

"A cowboy stands at the foot of the bed, but if you're a woman he'll come over and kiss you on the forehead." She explained, causing the group to look at Kenzie. 

"Well good thing I've always had a thing for cowboys." She joked, causing everyone in the group to laugh except for Colby, who wrapped a protective arm around her waist. 

      Sam began to explain all the noises the group were hearing earlier.  

"Why did you pick the room with a cowboy in it?" Colby asked Sam. 

"Awe someone doesn't want the ghost kissing me." Kenzie teased Colby. 

"You want the ghost to kiss you?" Sam jokingly asked her, causing the group to laugh. 

      Jennifer explained that in another room an Irish man liked to put his hand on women's necks and touch their hair. 

"I am glad I did not come here as a woman." Sam joked. 

"Glad you're fucking happy." Kenzie joked back at him, causing the group to laugh. 

      Kenzie's phone buzzed in her pocket as she looked at the new text from Kat. 

From Kitty Kat

Kenz, I understand we all overthink, trust me I still overthink about Sam from time to time and I know we're spending the rest of our lives together. Colby talks about you like you are the most beautiful thing on Earth. Like you are what gives him life, I know he's not going to throw that away for some girl you guys just met. Don't let it ruin your night babe. Love you tons!!

      Kenzie smiled at the message as she knew she had nothing to worry about, Colby didn't ask where Jennifer was staying because he wanted to stay with her or anything, he was just getting to know more. However, she went back to overthinking when she heard Colby's next question.