#24: Skating Rink

#24: Skating Rink

I was having second thoughts about going today. I didn’t even tell Jason or Lulu where I was going, and what I was doing today. I just didn’t think they’ll accept it. It’s not my fault, Amanda has does some terrible things, and I knew even though she ‘claimed’ to be better, Lulu and Jason wasn’t having it, especially since I was going with her. Let me tell you this, nothings going to happen because if you think I’m that type of guy then shame on you.

I stood in front of the mirror that reflected me. Running my hands through my hair, I decided ‘what’s the point of trying to look good’. It’s just Amanda. Stuffing my hands in my pocket I bolted through my bedroom door. Passing the sneakily, my mom some what still saw me and stopped me with a confused look.

“Where are you going?” my mom asked me with a stern voice as she stirred her mug of lemonade ice tea. I watched her debating on what to tell her. I decided on telling the truth. There was nothing to lie about.

“I’m going to the skating rink with Amanda.” I told her stuffing my hands into my pocket and analyzing her actions carefully. She was a little crazy. My mom didn’t like Amanda as much as before.

“Already over Tyler eh?” she said with a deep grimace on her face, later she played it off with a laugh, “Isn’t that Amanda the same girl who terrorized Tyler, your best friend?” she said stressing the best friend.

I knew she would start with that. God, how could she think that I was over Tyler? Tyler is basically the reason why I was doing this, why I even decided to go with Amanda. Tyler talked me into befriending Amanda again, so why is everyone looking at me like if being with Amanda was so wrong?, “Mom! How could you even think I was over Tyler? I’m can’t even stop thinking about her. I just want to have fun, because her being away is driving me crazy. It’s not like I’m getting back with Amanda.”  I said running a hand though my hair, “Plus she’s changed.”

“If you say so Jake...” My mom said continuing to stir. I stared at her some more. Whenever my mom says, “If you say so…’ then it always mean something, “Look, go have fun. Here’s a twenty.”

My mom walked towards her purse and pulled one out.  Inside her purse there’s a picture of Tyler and I as youngsters. I was on a swing, and Tyler was pushing me.  She handed me the bill, “Did you even call her?” my mom said before I closed the front door.

“No I didn’t call her. I wrote her a letter, I just don’t have the guts too.” I said to my mom. Did she even get the letter? “See you later mom!”

Should I call her? What would she say to me? I bet she’s having a great time in Los Angeles. Why couldn’t I have fun? What would I say to her? Why was everyone so afraid that Amanda and I would get back together? Why aren’t they worrying about Tyler forgetting about me and moving on with a new guy? What would I say to her? How about I miss you and I wish you were here. Tyler I love you. What’d she say? I met someone knew. I got to stop thinking about her finding someone new.

The skating rink was a couple of miles away from my house. It was a cool and easy walk down there. It was a great walk to think about some stuff. My mom had me thinking. Her voice just repeating these phrases over and over in my head, ‘Already over Tyler eh?’, ‘If you say so Jake.’ and ‘did you even call her.’

Yes. Amanda did terrorize Tyler for years but Amanda’s change. Do I have to treat her like she’s a prisoner? It was Tyler’s idea for me to talk to her.

I could see Amanda standing by a tree. She looked nice. Well, I noticed here outfit as I came closer. When I looked down at what I was wearing, I recognized that I looked no where nice as her. She wore a pink leather jacket with a beanie hat, which let her long blonde hair peak out. I had to admit she looks nice. She began waving at me to come over faster. When I came closer she grabbed my hands and dragged me over.

“Excited much? I asked her with a smile.

Slightly pushing me in a playful manner she said, “I’m just really surprised that you came.” She said, “Sadly, we aren’t skating today.”

“Why?” I asked her raising my eyebrows.

“Someone had an accident and you know hit their head.” She said folding her arms “But I was thinking maybe we should grab some lunch and then we can head to the park.”

I looked at her skeptically, unsure if I just head back home or should I just continue on her adventure. She pouted and begged for me to come so I decided that I should just go. On the way to the café I caught Amanda occasionally glancing over to me. It was creeping me out a lot. Why was she doing so?

“What?” I said turning to her as the wind briskly hit my face. Although it was just March, it was still cold on occasionally days. 

She looked away and I could see a little blush coming on, “Nothing. I was just wondering something.”

“Wondering what?” I asked her.

She shuffled a bit and gave me a nervous chuckle, “Why are you so freakishly tall?”

Being a gentleman I opened the café door for her, and entered behind her. I  laughed at her random question. In my opinion I’m not even that tall. Amanda was just short. Smiling at her I defended, “You’re just short!” I said chuckling, “Shorty McShort Short.”

Amanda scoffed putting her hand to her chest, “I’m not short. I’m fun sized.” She said folding her arms, “So, how’s the weather up there?”

Shooting her a death look I told her, “Lame. That was über lame.”

Guffawing she shot back, “Über? No one tote doesn’t use über anymore!”

Smirking I retorted, “Says the lady who say totes.”

“You know I miss this.” She said turning towards me. We had already order so we were sitting in the boot far in the back.

Softly I said turning to her, “Me too.”

She looked into my eyes sadly. The cashier walked over and handed us our order. Taking a sip of my coffee I wrapped my hands over shoulders. She pulled my hands down towards her waist, and all the feelings I had for her came rushing back down to me. My eyes shifted to her lips and she caught that too because the next thing you know her lips were on mine. Her lips were like how I remembered soft. Here I was kissing Amanda when I had convinced my self that I wasn’t that type of guy. Maybe I am that type of guy. However, there wasn’t any sensation I felt when I kissed Tyler. Tyler’s lips were soft, gentle, and smooth and tender. Her kisses had a little incense in it. Like she wasn’t an expert at kissing. But somehow my lips wouldn’t leave Amanda’s. I was trying to find some type of spark, and there was none. I knew she felt that too because she pulled away.

“I’m sorry.” We both quickly said to each other. I took a big gulp of coffee and held my head back. Amanda grabbed her stuff and ran out the café. Should I tell Tyler?

*Hi I’m back and I’m so sorry for the late uploads. Hey school has started back. I’m in the watty awards so please support. ***Diversity***.  Don’t be upset at Jake. Well thanks for reading. And 10 votes for the next chapter. ! Heyy! Please comment.!!! God….i almost got none on the last chapter. I’ll love to know what you guys are thinking.