Chapter #: 25 Colby's Dream

#25: Colby’s Dream

This morning of school Colby seemed to be a little too happy this morning. All the other day’s he’d say something sly, but it was all about the smiles. This was actually the first time I’d seen if smile, toothy, and so much. Smiling looked so good on him. He should definitely smile more. Make note to tell him that. He has honestly become my L.A. best friend down here. I was grateful for him….he was amazing.

Colby grabbed and shook the daylight out of me.  Colby smiled and said, “You’re not going to believe this.”

Finally getting out of his grip my curiosity kicked in and asked, “Believe what?”

Colby face lit up like a Christmas tree when I asked. He there his hand over my shoulder he said, “Remember that audition I was telling you about?” he asked. I nodded my head remembering him explaining why he missed school weeks ago, “I landed the part of Jackal in the new and upcoming TV. series, ‘Playing It Safe’.”

“That’s wonderful, Mr. Jackal.” I said throwing a wink at him I was proud of him. He always babbled on about how he took acting classes and how he wanted to become an actor, and here he is here…landing a part. I guess both our dreams were coming true. I shot my music video to my hit single, ‘Love Me Now’, and he’s an actor. Life.

There weeks have passed on and here I was getting along with everyone. There was no one here terrorizing me. There was no drama. No nothing? Was this how life without Jake was going to be? I loved him, but it felt good without all the drama…and stuff. My life in New York was like a soap opera.

“So what is this show mainly going to be about?” I asked him.

Colby frowns, “I wish I could tell you but I can’t.”

“I totally understand.” I said to him.

“We had already started filming, tell you what when they give me an official date for the pilot airing, then we’ll watch it together, in my house…..and with popcorn.” He said smiling.

Smiling I commented, “And don’t forget the pizza.”

Noting to himself, “And don’t forget the pizza-

“With cheese.” I interrupted.

“With cheese.” He repeated, “Can’t forget the pizza since it’s your favorite…extra cheese babe.”

Colby eyes lit up as he asked, “Enough about me how was the video?”

I smiled as I thought about the success and progress as a singer. Who knew I could’ve made it this far? Hmm, Jake knew I could’ve made it this far. I owe it all to him. Without Jake and his convincing words, I would’ve probably never came here And then I would’ve never met Colby. Though I wonder why he’s never called yet. It’ll be nice to hear his voice. I really do miss him.

“Well the video shoot was amazing. I wish you were there.” I said as he through his hand over my shoulder.

“I was there in the spirit.” He said softly.

“Very poetic.” I commented

“I know.” He said winking at me.

“I’ve been asked to go on a talk show.” I told him.

“I’ve heard the song, ‘Love Me Now.’ Great song.” He said, “Was this song dedicated to Jake?”

Was it dedicated to Jake?